HEEEELP!!!!

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
gina

HEEEELP!!!!

Post by gina » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 pm

I was wondering if anybody could give me a hand with this problem....
This summer I helped out someone who I though was a friend. This person was stuck in Italy without a return flight to Helsinki, their credit cards had been blocked and they had no money to eat, stay in hostels or anything. Because I trusted this person and we had aquaintances in common I bought him a flight and lent him (a lot ) of money to help him out of his situation thinking that when he got home he could pay me back.
That day never came, and 4 months down the line I have lost 900 euros. I am 24 and far from rich, I work as a bike messenger to pay rent, and those were my savings! when i got back to london I found myself in trouble as I had no money to cover the rent and bills that had come in over the holidays, my phone was cut off and I had a debt in the bank.
The person to whom I lent the money has subsequently changed his phone number and no longer replies to emails or any contact. I have him on facebook and have recently seen that he has gone on a trip to berlin when I have't had a day of holiday since this summer and I have taken a weekend job too.
All I know about him is his name and surname, and occupation. He works as a bike messenger in helsinki and as a wilderness guide. Every time i try to google helsinki courier companies all the websites are in finnish and I can't understand a word on them!
is there a yellow pages website?
could anyone give me a list of the courier companies (that have bike messengers) in helsinki?
does anyone know what this website is saying????

http://www.yritysopas.com/tiedot/Helsin ... uhani.html
Is there a directory in which you can look people up and get their phone number or address?? (in italy and the uk its the white pages)
I think if I could phone his parents it might help......I imagine if he was my son and did something like that I would be furious and make him pay back immediately.

Thanks a million to any help any of you can give me.

x gina

HEEEELP!!!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gina

Re: HEEEELP!!!!

Post by gina » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 pm

oh yes!!!!
my granma had warned me: "never be a borrower never be a lender"
Thanks a lot!
xx

karel

Post by karel » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:57 pm

Why does this smell fishy to me?

This vaguely reminds me of a thread awhile back where an American doctor was looking for his wife who'd moved to Finland.

rinso

Post by rinso » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:29 am

karel wrote:Why does this smell fishy to me?
gina wrote: who I though was a friend. ..... Because I trusted this person ..... we had aquaintances in common
bought him a flight and lent him (a lot ) of money
Giving a lot of money to someone you never met before, just based on his story. :shock:
thinking that when he got home he could pay me back.
A lot of money involved and no guaranty, I.o.y. or any security. :shock:
their credit cards had been blocked and they had no money
Certainly a warning sign.

And if he had a legit problem, the first help should be his embassy, not a passer by on the street.

Travmies

Post by Travmies » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:43 am

He sounds like a nob to me

If you are short of cash, you don't give it away....full stop
Do more to help yourself: https://steven-jackson.com/

karel

Post by karel » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:28 pm

Myeah...

"I trusted him" because "acquaintances in common"...

:lol: :roll: