CANCELLED !!International Sumer Launch Party

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Post Reply
User avatar
richard berman
Posts: 1302
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:28 am
Location: helsinki
Contact:

CANCELLED !!International Sumer Launch Party

Post by richard berman » Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 pm

This event is cancelled, A new date will be set for August

Sorry


Hello All

This invite is for everyone.

International Sumer Launch Party

To be held on Thursday 21st May 2009 (Helatorstai).
Starting at 18.30 in the Fennia bar in the
Grand Casino Helsinki.

Entertainment
Tomi Walamies (Stand Up Comedian) starts 19.00
Free blackjack and Roulette gaming schools,

Money Wheel and prizes

Free Buffet and a free drink

Free membership card worth 10€

Everyone must bring a EU photo ID or
passport for registration.

Please email if you are planning on coming and with how many people, this is because they need to know the numbers for the food.

[email protected]
Last edited by richard berman on Wed May 13, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.


Web hosting from 8€ a month http://www.Oxterweb.net

CANCELLED !!International Sumer Launch Party

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
onkko
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:24 am
Location: kemijärvi

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by onkko » Thu May 07, 2009 2:47 pm

richard berman wrote:Everyone must bring a EU photo ID or
passport for registration.


Isnt that racists against finns? we dont have EU IDs or passports normally because we dont need them. Or doesnt finland count as culture? And where i can read your "rekisteriseloste" because it would be illegal to register anyone without that and probably even with that.
:twisted:
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum


User avatar
Mook
Posts: 2945
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:25 pm
Location: Etelä Tuusula
Contact:

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by Mook » Thu May 07, 2009 5:01 pm

onkko wrote:Isnt that racists against finns? we dont have EU IDs or passports normally because we dont need them. :


So why do they keep asking to see my id in supermarkets when I spend more than 50 Euros. Both the Finnish Driving licenses and Henkilokorttit are EU ID, when issued to Finns.
---
Image http://blog.enogastronomist.com | http://blog.enogastronomisti.com


User avatar
onkko
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:24 am
Location: kemijärvi

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by onkko » Thu May 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Mook wrote:
onkko wrote:Isnt that racists against finns? we dont have EU IDs or passports normally because we dont need them. :


So why do they keep asking to see my id in supermarkets when I spend more than 50 Euros. Both the Finnish Driving licenses and Henkilokorttit are EU ID, when issued to Finns.


Nice to know, so now my drivers licence is EU id thanks to you. Also old IDs what my relatives have. Thanks for changing.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum


User avatar
onkko
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:24 am
Location: kemijärvi

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by onkko » Thu May 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Im bit baffled about that none of my current papers arent enough to travel e.g. estonia but they are still "eu" papers. Mind to explain.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum


maurine
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: Atlantic Ocean

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by maurine » Thu May 07, 2009 5:43 pm

maybe you don't always present the right papers
If you wish to convince people of something, it is more useful to be entertaining than to be right


DMC
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:17 am

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by DMC » Thu May 07, 2009 6:08 pm

onkko wrote:Im bit baffled about that none of my current papers arent enough to travel e.g. estonia

The Finnish border guard website says:

In accordance with Government Decree 1244/2006, Finnish citizens may travel from Finland to the following countries using a photo ID card (issued by the Police on or after 1 March 1999) referred to in Section 1(1) of the Identity Card Act (829/1999) or an electronic ID card (issued on or after 1 December 1999) instead of a passport:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom,

A driving licence is not an identity card. For further information about ID cards valid as travel documents visit the website of the Police


I read that to mean that you could travel to the named countries using your ID card (provided it was issued in the last 10 years), but not using your driving license.


User avatar
onkko
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:24 am
Location: kemijärvi

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by onkko » Thu May 07, 2009 7:00 pm

DMC wrote:
onkko wrote:Im bit baffled about that none of my current papers arent enough to travel e.g. estonia

The Finnish border guard website says:

In accordance with Government Decree 1244/2006, Finnish citizens may travel from Finland to the following countries using a photo ID card (issued by the Police on or after 1 March 1999) referred to in Section 1(1) of the Identity Card Act (829/1999) or an electronic ID card (issued on or after 1 December 1999) instead of a passport:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom,

A driving licence is not an identity card. For further information about ID cards valid as travel documents visit the website of the Police


I read that to mean that you could travel to the named countries using your ID card (provided it was issued in the last 10 years), but not using your driving license.


I know that and also know that majority of my friends or relatives havent EU idenficitanion cards. Most of us just have drivers licence or so what isnt valid.
But according to mook they are valid so im confused... Maybe mook wants to show how he does wonder and changes those to as valid ids ;)
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum


User avatar
richard berman
Posts: 1302
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:28 am
Location: helsinki
Contact:

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by richard berman » Thu May 07, 2009 7:42 pm

onkko wrote:
richard berman wrote:Everyone must bring a EU photo ID or
passport for registration.


Isnt that racists against finns? we dont have EU IDs or passports normally because we dont need them. Or doesnt finland count as culture? And where i can read your "rekisteriseloste" because it would be illegal to register anyone without that and probably even with that.
:twisted:


Thanks onkko for taking over my topic with all this !"#¤% , and turning it into a racist and id problem, all the post is about is a Free night out in the casino for International people and Finns who wish to come out and enjoy a good evening with others. If you want to carry it on start a new topic.

Cheers
Web hosting from 8€ a month http://www.Oxterweb.net


User avatar
onkko
Posts: 4827
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:24 am
Location: kemijärvi

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by onkko » Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 pm

richard berman wrote:
onkko wrote:
richard berman wrote:Everyone must bring a EU photo ID or
passport for registration.


Isnt that racists against finns? we dont have EU IDs or passports normally because we dont need them. Or doesnt finland count as culture? And where i can read your "rekisteriseloste" because it would be illegal to register anyone without that and probably even with that.
:twisted:


Thanks onkko for taking over my topic with all this !"#¤% , and turning it into a racist and id problem, all the post is about is a Free night out in the casino for International people and Finns who wish to come out and enjoy a good evening with others. If you want to carry it on start a new topic.

Cheers


Thanks to not addressing problems i pointed out and just continuing babble.
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum


User avatar
Pursuivant
Posts: 15094
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:51 am
Location: Bath & Wells

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by Pursuivant » Thu May 07, 2009 11:23 pm

I just want to nitpick the spleddning - is the theme of Sumerians going to Babylon?
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."


User avatar
Pursuivant
Posts: 15094
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:51 am
Location: Bath & Wells

Re: International Sumer Launch Party

Post by Pursuivant » Thu May 07, 2009 11:26 pm

Yes Onkko, going to the Casino you not only need to have a valid ID, they also take your mugshot and your details and you get a customer card. http://www.grandcasinohelsinki.fi/index ... si/saannot
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."


Post Reply