Flea Market/Kirpputori with me baybee!

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
deojuvame

Post by deojuvame » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:04 pm

If anyone wants to be my sidekick in running a kirpputori table sometime soon, give me a PM :) Hopefully it'll be in Töölö.

You can watch me haggle with grandmas in broken Finnish, providing hilarious comedy, gawk at the local Helsingeratti as they dress up for the occasion, or hold down the fort while I run to the bathroom! I promise hours and hours of wholesome entertainement!

Alternately, if anyone wants me to fence their crap at the kirpputori, just let me know & I'll sell it for you. I (& my friend who's helping too) don't have enough used crap to fill up a whole table and if there were more stuff there, I think more people would look.

So...

Clean out those closets!

Recycle those terrible Christmas presents!

Release material back to the universe!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gavin

Post by gavin » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:09 pm

What is it with these places?

Mari loves to rummage about for hours, but never buys anything...

I (assmume) most men can do a 5 minuite tour, pick out the one in 20 tools/computer games stall, instantly recognice that I really don't need a used tap, or someone elses rubber boots, and be waiting at the coffee end for an eternity with other bored men, and the obligatory mad old bynt.

Great Scott

Post by Great Scott » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:48 pm

Well if you end up going to Hietalahti, let me know. I'll let you borrow the wife. We also live close enough for you to use our toilet if nature calls....
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."

John

Post by John » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:40 pm

I must be the mad old b*nt as I spend hours in those places, and now we need to start selling some of the accumulated old junk.
Accordian or adult sized tricycle anyone! :D

(a small milestone but this is my 100th post!)
"Duff beer"...........the cause and solution of most of lifes problems
ANON (H.Simpson)

Thomas Koren

Post by Thomas Koren » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:09 am

Another mad b*nt here too, love any secondhand market/store, too much fun looking for bargains/ interesting stuff.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the day, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

deojuvame

Post by deojuvame » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:27 am

So it looks like we can take turns- one person manning the table selling crap while other people are out in the rest of the kirpputori, buying replacement crap :D

Yay!

deojuvame

Post by deojuvame » Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:08 pm

OK, seeing as Iv'e completely missed the winter kirpputori at the old ice hall, I'm going to be selling my junk at the far funner outdoor kirpputori at Hietalahti.

Probably mid-May, so it's a long way off :).

I've already heard from some people about sharing the table, and I've already contacted you.

Anyone else is welcome to join in, just pm me :)