Movie Swap Center

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
deojuvame

Movie Swap Center

Post by deojuvame » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:45 am

Lend/Borrow Movies here!

Don't forget to put format preferences

I edited this post and placed as a sticky instead so that everyone would see it - KEMARS ;)

Movie Swap Center

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Nathan Lillie

Post by Nathan Lillie » Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:09 pm

I'm looking for B-movies, VHS-PAL, DVD, or AVI. Specifically, I am interested in swapping/borrowing if:

1. It involves a sweaty Japanese guy wearing a rubber lizard suit
2. It involves any sort of monster represented by a guy in a rubber suit.
3. It involves wobbly flying saucers
4. If there is a post-holocaust wasteland and people still inexplicably have cars and gasoline
5. If there are eleborate special effects without the budget to support them
6. If it involves women in prison
7. If it involves an elite commando unit with a silly name and improbable equipment fighting generic "bad guys"
8. If there are gun-toting black guys (or girls) with big afros and chaka-chaka music
9. It involves women in out space with ray guns and mini-skirts

This list is not exhaustive, but I hit on some of the main themes. Also, I'm not really looking for the "best" of the above genres - for example, I'd rather see Robot Holocaust than Mad Max. I'm also seeking spagetti westerns at the moment.

What do I have to offer:

about 35 or 40 mystery science theaters on AVI file
also most of the Farscape, and Red Dwarf Episodes in varying formats, 1st season League of Gentlemen DVD, rest on AVI files, some Doctor Who (Tom Baker years only) - some PAL, some NTSC, some AVI, some South Park (AVI), Faulty Towers (NTSC).

a few good movies on VHS PAL, VHS NTSC, and AVI, too many to list exhaustively, but Jackie Brown, the Winner, Dr. Strangelove, Full Metal Jacket, Run Lola Run, Loves of a Blonde, Wild Strawberries, a few others

I'm in Vantaa.

boO_fi

Post by boO_fi » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:07 am

i've been looking for "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?" the sequel to "Once Were Warriors" for about 2 years now. Being that there are a few aussies and new zealanders on this site, possibly someone can lend the dvd to me? Or if possibly you have the avi that would be good too...there is one divx of it floating about but it was ripped long ago and i can't seem to find it anywhere.

willing to trade/lend movies...if u've got it then there are over 900 movies to choose from my collection.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0197094/
b0 selecta!

Richard

Post by Richard » Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:14 am

boO_fi wrote:i've been looking for "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?" the sequel to "Once Were Warriors" for about 2 years now. Being that there are a few aussies and new zealanders on this site, possibly someone can lend the dvd to me? Or if possibly you have the avi that would be good too...there is one divx of it floating about but it was ripped long ago and i can't seem to find it anywhere.

willing to trade/lend movies...if u've got it then there are over 900 movies to choose from my collection.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0197094/
I've rented it from videofirma maakuni before.

deojuvame

Post by deojuvame » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:25 am

Nathan-
Boy do I have what you're looking for! How about:

FOR YOUR HEIGHT ONLY
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200642/

DEADLY WEAPONS
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069952/

BARBARELLA (a Classic!)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062711/

These are all in DVD format in Region 1. I like your movie collection, but I think I have most of the DVDs you have already. What quality is your MST3K AVI stuff? I might want to exchange for that, or maybe Wild Strawberries. PM me if interested.

I'm more interested in late 60's Hollywood Meltdown flicks, so if you have those, drop me a line.
Nathan Lillie wrote:I'm looking for B-movies, VHS-PAL, DVD, or AVI.
What do I have to offer:

about 35 or 40 mystery science theaters on AVI file
also most of the Farscape, and Red Dwarf Episodes in varying formats, 1st season League of Gentlemen DVD, rest on AVI files, some Doctor Who (Tom Baker years only) - some PAL, some NTSC, some AVI, some South Park (AVI), Faulty Towers (NTSC).

a few good movies on VHS PAL, VHS NTSC, and AVI, too many to list exhaustively, but Jackie Brown, the Winner, Dr. Strangelove, Full Metal Jacket, Run Lola Run, Loves of a Blonde, Wild Strawberries, a few others

I'm in Vantaa.

deojuvame

Post by deojuvame » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:31 am

Does anyone have:

Logan's Run

Harold & Maude

preferably in DVD format?

Spectra

Post by Spectra » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:40 pm

Yes, Harold and Maude! I have been wanting to see it here too! Has anyone found it in Film Towns or any other video rental stores? I wanna see those Cali Bay Area sceneries, laugh at the good black humor, and hear the awesome Cat Steven's soundtrack again!

by the way, i just found this site today and it rocks! nice to hear your guys' thoughts on living up north. nice to know i'm not alone!! :D

Great Scott

Post by Great Scott » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:38 am

Hey Arabella. If you get desperate for either of those two movies let me know. I see that they are both available in DivX. I could burn them on DVD for you if you can't get them anywhere else...
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."

Ktulu

Post by Ktulu » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:39 am

boO_fi wrote:i've been looking for "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?"
weirdo... no one liked that movie :shock:
If you're after some other NZ movies, I highly recommend Scarfies, The locals and stickmen (just something to keep an eye out for).
Whale rider is ok too... for a "chick flick" :D

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:17 pm

hmz... i've quickly counted about 150 movies on vhs on my shelfs here :)

ranging from Fierce Creatures to Sleepy Hollow to Cecil B. Demented to Black Cauldron to The Maxx (mtv classic) to Dark City to Ghost World to Blues Brothers.

in otherwords, a whole lot ... i'll be expanding my collection to DVD now that i finally have a DVD ReWriter to view and burn them :)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:50 pm

I'm looking for sci-fi,

- Silent Running
- Sirius 6b
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:55 pm

Hank W. wrote:I'm looking for sci-fi,

- Silent Running
- Sirius 6b
I've got Silent running on DVD