Israel Company Buying up Finnish Shopping Malls

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:04 pm

Picture is of my local shopping centre.. Israeli company Gazit Globe increased its holding in the real estate investment company Citycon to 25.5%.

I wonder if it means cheaper Jaffa Oranges.. :wink:
http://www.helsinki-hs.net/news.asp?id=20040305IE5

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

miti

Re: Israel Company Buying up Finnish Shopping Malls

Post by miti » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:10 pm

PeterF wrote: I wonder if it means cheaper Jaffa Oranges.. :wink:
I wouldn't be so optimistic about the price of Jaffa oranges going down...
but I am still euphoric about being able to find them everywhere in Finalnd in the first place :D
I was in Rovaniemi 2 weeks ago and it was so nice to see them in almost every supermarket. I bought quite a few and I have no idea how much they costed - I was too happy about finding them in order to think about the price.
In so many other places in Europe you can get only Spanish oranges - full of chemicals and the taste often sucks. :cry:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:20 pm

miti wrote: In so many other places in Europe you can get only Spanish oranges - full of chemicals and the taste often sucks. :cry:
Yes, because we all know that the israeli oranges are hand-polished and are taken care of 1 by 1 so they dont need chemicals ... :wink:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

miti

Post by miti » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:43 pm

pierrot wrote: Yes, because we all know that the israeli oranges are hand-polished and are taken care of 1 by 1 so they dont need chemicals ... :wink:
Of course they are :D :D :D they even sing each one of them a lullaby and kiss them good night :musical: .
Pierrot - it is a shame you don't appreciate those things. You are going to have them at home whether you want it or not. And by the way - would you mind explaining why you don't buy those beautiful Spanish strawberries which look so nice? :twisted:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:47 pm

miti wrote:
pierrot wrote: Yes, because we all know that the israeli oranges are hand-polished and are taken care of 1 by 1 so they dont need chemicals ... :wink:
Of course they are :D :D :D they even sing each one of them a lullaby and kiss them good night :musical: .
Pierrot - it is a shame you don't appreciate those things. You are going to have them at home whether you want it or not. And by the way - would you mind explaining why you don't buy those beautiful Spanish strawberries which look so nice? :twisted:
For the same reasons i dont buy these circumcised oranges: too much chemicals!
I think i´ll stick with oranges from finland! :ochesey:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

miti

Post by miti » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:57 pm

pierrot wrote:I think i´ll stick with oranges from finland! :ochesey:
This is an excellent idea. You should do that :mrgreen:
You will eat your Finnish oranges and I will eat my Israeli oranges.
I think I will save and type this thread and throw it into your drooling face every time you will see me eating my daily so tasty Jaffa orange once we are in Finland. :lol:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:13 pm

Funny thing, the word 'jaffa' in Finnish means 'an orange soda', a bit like 'hoover' means a vacoom cleaner.

When I was a kid I remember there was some scare over quicksilver injected to Jaffa oranges so my mother always chops them up... Dunno, 1970's it must have been anyone remember. It was some sort of terrorist threat UL of the time.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Samppa

Post by Samppa » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:36 pm

miti and pierrot,
:lol:
G.S.

Make war with love