summer tires

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
catcher

summer tires

Post by catcher » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:34 pm

any idea where in Helsinki area it's possible to buy summer tires, but not expensive...? So, the cheapest place to change tires:)

summer tires

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:53 pm

Vianor and Euromaster for the bulk stuff... then any of the small ones or just go to Motonet. Tapanilan Rengas is also somewhat decent.

What you want if you want cheapo-cheap is "pinnoitetut" -dunno what it is in English jargon. 'Re-surfaced' tyres.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:11 pm

Hank W. wrote:What you want if you want cheapo-cheap is "pinnoitetut" -dunno what it is in English jargon. 'Re-surfaced' tyres.
"Re-Treads".. ;)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

catcher

Post by catcher » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:55 am

Hank W. wrote:Vianor and Euromaster for the bulk stuff... then any of the small ones or just go to Motonet. Tapanilan Rengas is also somewhat decent.

What you want if you want cheapo-cheap is "pinnoitetut" -dunno what it is in English jargon. 'Re-surfaced' tyres.
Thanks a lot! I'll check above mentioned, except Motonet as they are not selling tires at all. No god! - I don't need re-surfaced:)

sayx

Post by sayx » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:47 pm

when is the time to change them over?
Image Serving my 9th year of a life sentence with no chance of early parole

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:47 am

sayx wrote:when is the time to change them over?
I belive the police recommendation is worded something like:
After the end of March and Before the end of April, unless local road conditions are dictate other wise..then use common sense.
There will be a flurry of activity next week end..then we will have the usual snow showers around Easter (Takatalvi)...if you are only driving in the greater Helsinki area or on main roads, and have good summer tyres it is probably safe to change around Easter. But if you are heading north or into the bonduks for Easter best wait till end of the month.

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:06 pm

sayx wrote:when is the time to change them over?
If I am not mistaken, I think you could legally keep them on until end of April, but then I have seen locals near me in Lauttasaari keep them on all year round.. ;)

best guess is to watch the weather and take them off accordingly to the weather....if it does snow again, its most likely not to stay around for long...just tread lightly when taking a corner.. ;)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?