Who's coming out for a drink this Thursday?

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:57 am

Hey all!

Anyone feel like coming for a drink on Thursday?
I have an exam for the 7th Finnish course and I'm afraid I'm gonna need a shoulder to cry on, because I'm going to flunk big time.
So anyone who feels the need to volunteer...
I don't care whether it's a strong comforting male shoulder :roll: or a warm and tender female shoulder :oops: As long as there's a shoulder (since I don't drink alcohol and I can't drink my problems away.

I was thinking of going to Belge, which is on Kluuvinkatu.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

daive

Re: Who's coming out for a drink this Thursday?

Post by daive » Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:49 am

Arno wrote:Hey all!

Anyone feel like coming for a drink on Thursday?
I have an exam for the 7th Finnish course and I'm afraid I'm gonna need a shoulder to cry on, because I'm going to flunk big time.
So anyone who feels the need to volunteer...
I don't care whether it's a strong comforting male shoulder :roll: or a warm and tender female shoulder :oops: As long as there's a shoulder (since I don't drink alcohol and I can't drink my problems away.

I was thinking of going to Belge, which is on Kluuvinkatu.
You might want to reconsider Belge, it is the Helsinki Bar Festial on Thursday, Egotrippi will playing in the bandstand on Espa just outside Kappeli, perhaps you should meet there for a drink instead... Not sure whether I will be around but will try and make it!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:13 am

I'm cool with anything. Belge was just a suggestion.
As long as I get my shoulder :lol:

tjawatts

Post by tjawatts » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:31 am

What is this Helsinki Bar Festival? With all the "STOP" signs everywhere it looks like a pub crawl. Who is up for it?

Tony

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:35 am

Tony! Are you gonna be my shoulder? Or will you allow me a little peek when we're doing the test? :twisted:

tjawatts

Post by tjawatts » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:42 am

I think I will be in just a bad state as you! Better get my homework done for today, then start revising if I am going to get any points!

Tony

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:34 am

I was about to offer a sholder - but Helsinki Bar Festival... jebuz, I'll be under my car installing rear axle muffs thank you very many... people + heat make me feel... metsäläinen...

I take all my tests usually after having 2-3 pints. Gets you relaxed so you "feel the force" and don't go back and erase the correct anwers and scribble in the false ones. Also helps yopu write essays. :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Donald

Post by Donald » Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:23 pm

Hank W. wrote:I was about to offer a sholder - but Helsinki Bar Festival... jebuz, I'll be under my car installing rear axle muffs thank you very many... people + heat make me feel... metsäläinen...

I take all my tests usually after having 2-3 pints. Gets you relaxed so you "feel the force" and don't go back and erase the correct anwers and scribble in the false ones. Also helps yopu write essays. :mrgreen:
Bext political speech I gave was after 3 shots of gold tequila and 3 beers. The newspapers said I threw away the microphone and spoke with thunder and emotion to a standing ovation of 300 people at a water rate rally..."when an incumbent asks you for a contribution to their campaign..tell them you're paying your water bill with it.."
:mrgreen:

nehia_qom

Post by nehia_qom » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:04 pm

Arno there is the discussion group that gets together on Thursday at Kaisla.
Beyond that I may make something if you set it up.

Jessica

When choosing between two evils, always choose the one you haven't tried yet.
- Mae West

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:48 pm

The bar festival goes until deep in the night, I assume, so we'll be out somewhere.
Kappeli sounds like a good idea. It's going to be still nice weather on Thursday, and we can sit outside watch the band play.

I have my Finnish test until about 1900. I won't stay for the analysis afterwards to prevent my mood going down even further :roll:

I guess I'll can be down at Kappeli at about 1915.

Tony still in on it?

Francis

Post by Francis » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:04 pm

I'm up for doing something this thursday. BAT's twin is also visiting from Canada and she was talking about taking her out on thursday also. We can probably twist Dave's arm to come out too. ;)

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:09 pm

Arno wrote:It's going to be still nice weather on Thursday

Hmm... can't even trust the weather these days...
I hope this thunderstorm and flooding was a temporary thing...

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:07 pm

rain or shine, me and my better-half will be going to Linnanmaki this thursday... so if you would be kind enough to post a definate place and time on wednesday (if possible) I'll try to make it too... I'm curious about you guys :) and what faces hide on the other end of the ADSL line :)

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:22 pm

I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it on Wednesday.

I don't know about the rest of you guys. Who's more comfortable with Wednesday?

daive

Post by daive » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:28 pm

Francis wrote:I'm up for doing something this thursday. BAT's twin is also visiting from Canada and she was talking about taking her out on thursday also. We can probably twist Dave's arm to come out too. ;)
I don't know if you meant ME, but I will most probably be there too and will have the lovely Sanna with me too!
Looking forward to seeing you all.

Daive