Who's coming out for a drink this Thursday?

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
Francis

Post by Francis » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:59 pm

Arno, he didn't mean go somewhere on wednesday... I think he meant post on wednesday where we will be on thursday! :)

No Daive, I did mean Dave... but we'll take you along. Two Da(i)ves are better than one! (I swear I heard that somewhere... :p)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:06 pm

Donald wrote: Bext political speech I gave was after 3 shots of gold tequila and 3 beers. The newspapers said I threw away the microphone and spoke with thunder and emotion to a standing ovation of 300 people at a water rate rally..."when an incumbent asks you for a contribution to their campaign..tell them you're paying your water bill with it.."
:mrgreen:
Now thats comedy :lol:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:07 pm

Well, if it continues pouring being under the car is about as appealing as being in a pub full of soaking wet people... hmmm... maybe I should come, after all it'll be a cheap night. I'll see BAT double only after one pint :mrgreen:

Santa claus came today... wanna see some vw parts :mrgreen:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:11 pm

Well, we want to have a night on the town to show some Helsinki night life to my sis and her boyfriend. It is our sauna night on Thursday, so we can't make it downtown until between 9:30 and 10:00 pm. Is that too late? We are interested in a pint, but are quite up for some dancing. Kalle is supposed to be good on Thursdays.

Anyone else interested in a bit of dancing? If we have people who want to do a bit of both, we can meet somewhere first for a pint and continue on to a dance place after with anyone else who'd like to come too.

Where will you all be having a pint?

(Val :twisted: and I :twisted: are supposed to be identical twins, but we don't really look alike at all anymore - so it won't be that thrilling seeing us together! We've been wondering if the doctors made a mistake, but I suppose we have enough that is so similar that we couldn't really be fraternal. Who knows!)

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:14 pm

Thursday is my sauna too... and the barbarian festival... *shudders*
Cheers, Hank W.

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:14 pm

Arno wrote:I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it on Wednesday.

I don't know about the rest of you guys. Who's more comfortable with Wednesday?
I'm very comfortable with wednesday, and thursday and friday and and and...

but thursday is fine.. as long as you can post something on wednesday about when and where this meeting on thursday is going to be :) cheers

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:30 pm

meenfreem wrote:I'm very comfortable with wednesday, and thursday and friday and and and...
Sorry! Got the impression that you weren't going to be 'in town' from Thursday and on.

I haven't heard any complaints or other suggestions, so let's meet outside Kappeli around 20.30-21.00?
I suggest that we'll stay put there until about 22.00, until everyone's had their Thursday sauna. We can decide then if and where we are going afterwards.

That ok with everyone?

BAT

Post by BAT » Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:20 pm

Sounds great Arno, we'll see you there!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:02 pm

Well, there is Eduardo and his Brazilian Aeroplane on the stage of Espa some point in the evening so I might pop up for a quick pint...
Cheers, Hank W.

daive

Post by daive » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:34 pm

Hank W. wrote:Well, there is Eduardo and his Brazilian Aeroplane on the stage of Espa some point in the evening so I might pop up for a quick pint...
Can you tell me where the schedule is for the bands, as in what time and who are playing there please!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:56 pm

http://www.kulttuuri.hel.fi/espanlava/o ... 03_fi.html

to 7.8.
klo 18.00 Baarifestarit: Egotrippi, Ilmakitaransoiton SM, Tuure Kilpeläinen, PMMP, Juha Tapio, Eduardo & Brazilian Aeroplane
...so no exact times there as otherwise there is
Cheers, Hank W.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:01 pm

Awwww...

Should have remembered at midnight the story of Cinderella... no buses on weekdays after midnight... was fun to see you guys 'live' - its always a mystery with the person and the nick. And I am definitely getting Eduardo & Brazilian Airplane's record :mrgreen:
Last edited by Hank W. on Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Hank W.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:11 pm

Indeed, indeed...

Neednot say more...

BAT

Post by BAT » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:05 pm

It was great to meet up with you all - thanks for coming out. :D

tjawatts

Post by tjawatts » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:03 pm

Good to meet up with everyone for a fun packed evening. I have been aways since Friday so havent had a chance to post.

Got home safely, except for the dodgy kebab/lihapirakka that I bought from that trailer with Santa Marie written on it. Gave me a tiny little piece of paper to hold it in, needless to say it dripped out and went all over the show. Oh well , never again!!

Tony