Terry Pratchetts books in Finnish badly needed

Public announcements and notices. Also find information on special offers and discounts.
BNL

Post by BNL » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I study Finnish at the university in St Petersburg and would like to write a course thesis about wordplay, using Sir Terry Pratchetts books as examples. But I suddenly faced a problem when I couldn't find anywhere to either download Diskworld's Finnish translations or buying them. If there are any Pratchetts fans, could you please give me any tips about where to find Kiekkomaailma-books online - or share your own books with me, if you happen to have any? (Most likely I will need just some quotes from them, I guess it won't cause you much inconveniance).
Thank you! (:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Terry Pratchetts books in Finnish badly needed

Post by rinso » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:55 am

BNL wrote:Hello everyone,

I study Finnish at the university in St Petersburg and would like to write a course thesis about wordplay, using Sir Terry Pratchetts books as examples. But I suddenly faced a problem when I couldn't find anywhere to either download Diskworld's Finnish translations or buying them. If there are any Pratchetts fans, could you please give me any tips about where to find Kiekkomaailma-books online - or share your own books with me, if you happen to have any? (Most likely I will need just some quotes from them, I guess it won't cause you much inconveniance).
Thank you! (:
http://cdon.fi/search?q=Pratchett
http://www.akateeminen.com/fi/etusivu/

foca

Re: Terry Pratchetts books in Finnish badly needed

Post by foca » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:46 am

Interesting topic.... I tried Pratchett in Russian and Swedish ...it us not the same experience, he is untranslatable.. But good luck with your study
What do you want from me?????