Aaltio language course?

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
kalmisto

Aaltio language course

Post by kalmisto » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:49 am

>> Anyone using Aaltio language course? <<

What is Aaltio language course? Is there any information on it on the net?

Aaltio language course

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

scan513

Post by scan513 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:02 pm

I am not young enough to know everything.

kalmisto

Post by kalmisto » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:52 am

scan 513

Thank you!

Tom and Jerry

Re: Aaltio language course

Post by Tom and Jerry » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:18 pm

[quote="kalmisto
What is Aaltio language course? Is there any information on it on the net?[/quote]

Finnish for foreigners, part 1, 2 and 3.

It was originally made in 1979 - 1982 with help of the SKS suomen kirjallisuuden seura,

It is a very good course, but a bit old-fashioned though. On the ohter hand the newer courses are far too superficial; this one is simple very good, also suitable for self-study and available in many book-shops.

sy

Re: Aaltio language course

Post by sy » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:04 am

Tom and Jerry wrote: Finnish for foreigners, part 1, 2 and 3.

It was originally made in 1979 - 1982 with help of the SKS suomen kirjallisuuden seura,

It is a very good course, but a bit old-fashioned though. On the ohter hand the newer courses are far too superficial; this one is simple very good, also suitable for self-study and available in many book-shops.
Yes, I started with this textbook years ago. It is very good, especially suitable for beginners to self-study the language.

FfF Book 3 is a reader. I've been trying to finish reading it for many years. This book is really old fashioned. The articles include a TV program on Wednesday 27.2.1974. It explained: "Suomen televisiossa on kaksi kanavaa, TV-1 ja TV-2. Mainos-TV, Suomen ainoa kaupallinen televisioyhtiö, joka ostaa lähetysaikaa Yleisradion kanaviin ja rahoittaa sen tv-mainoksilla." :D And some people already started to worry about the "children, television and violence - there ran altogether 32 series on TV channels in spring 1969, 17, i.e. over half, of which were wild west filming, crime or other thriller series that contain violent materials."

Well, I think it is interesting to know what have happened in Finland decades ago.