Finnish Language Audio CD

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
neil

Post by neil » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:16 pm

Can anyone recommend an audio CD for learning Finnish that I could play in the car when I 'to and fro' from work? I heard this kind of subconcious learning can work.

I figured if I play it every day until I know if off by heart I am sure absorb something

Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:34 pm

Why not use a Finnish music CD with simple easy to hear/follow lyrics.
Try to get the words translated in English and learn the Finnish words to the song.
I remember I used to have Kirka's
"Tunnetko kun sydän syke".... I used to argue whether is was, do you know or, do you feel.... :roll:

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue Oct 14, 2003 5:21 am

Peter,
Good suggestion. In my car I have 3 Semmarit (Seminaarinmäen Mieslaulajat), Rautavaara the myth of Sampo-Helsinki University Chorus and The Kalevala Heritage. It is a good challenge to understand what is sung. Good way to practice rolling the R's too ;-)

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:12 am

I was thinking of recording the courses off YLE radio onto a CD. An input wire from the stereo to your sound card and a bit of sampling tomfoolery should do the trick (and free too :wink: ). I might try it soon, if it works I'll copy the CD for you. (Hmm I wonder if I could convert the radio sample to mp3?)

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:39 am

olly wrote:I was thinking of recording the courses off YLE radio onto a CD. An input wire from the stereo to your sound card and a bit of sampling tomfoolery should do the trick (and free too :wink: ). I might try it soon, if it works I'll copy the CD for you. (Hmm I wonder if I could convert the radio sample to mp3?)
If it comes out in .wav format or .raw format, I can covert the file to MP3 format....just let me know if you can get it off the radio.

If you can stream the yle station off the interent, you can have winamp play the extension and stream it through winamp, then have winamp record what you are hearing as a .wav file. (just make sure that you have a large harddrive, as I am sure that it will be one hell of a file size after recording...) 8)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?