damn

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Tomakaze

damn

Post by Tomakaze » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:06 pm

If only they would ask me to be in the finnish army I would opin suomea faster than they could shake a C7 at me :shock:
Last edited by Tomakaze on Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

damn

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Tomakaze

oops

Post by Tomakaze » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:10 pm

I'm dumb... this was supposed to be a reply to the scot in the army.

Someone delete this, I promise I'll keep my mouth shut from now on :twisted:

gavin

Post by gavin » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:59 pm

No worries.

I'm a Welshman, with Scottish heritage. You're welcome here (especially if you have evil thoughts about the English :twisted: )

True. The only way to learn Finnish is to be in a situation where the only possible option is Finnish (Finnish speaking In-Laws is a good starter for 10)

Good luck
Gavin

Tomakaze

Post by Tomakaze » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:34 am

Thanks mate, or should I say jätkä?? :wink:

I would be happy with some serious finnish shock for sure, but I don't know how soon that will happen.

like so many other sorry souls around here, joo I have a finnish girlfriend. :lol:

Actually as painful as it is to encounter anything other then the cute sentances that my girlfriend dumbs down for me, I feel like I'm doing pretty darn well considering.

I was in espoo/helsinki/turku/uusikaupunki for only 3 weeks this summer, but it seems like it's the grandparents that do it for me :P

Erika's parents are both deaf actually, so it was a hell of a lot easier to communicate with improvised sign language then finnish is, but I think they would know english well otherwise.

When I return. I'll do the finnish for foreigners, but I think what I mostly need is just lots of time there.

Thank goodness my girlfriend is really helpful though. My friend John has been living in Finland for over a year and all he knows is a children's song about ticks in a comb :P

Well actually I'm Canadian, but my mom's family is scottish... ööö.... and french, and irish..... but my Dad's English so I can't hate them tooo much.... but I do :P hehe... No I don't. Thanks to my english passport I could move to finland, but that's the only good thing they've ever done for me :twisted:

BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:01 am

Hello fellow Canadian :-)

I tried to move your thread to the back of the Scottish teen quitting the Finnish army thread, but haven't been able to manage it. Perhaps one of the other mods can help. (Apua!)

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:04 am

BAT wrote:Hello fellow Canadian :-)

I tried to move your thread to the back of the Scottish teen quitting the Finnish army thread, but haven't been able to manage it. Perhaps one of the other mods can help. (Apua!)
Whats that? Move a post from one thread and connect it to another? I don't think it can be done :!:

BAT

Post by BAT » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:13 am

I didn't think so either... glad to know it isn't my poor skills using this interface :) It would be a good function I think. Maybe it could be coded?

Tomakaze

thanks

Post by Tomakaze » Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:16 am

Hey fellas,

Thanks for trying to help out. I didn't exactly need it moved, so much as I regretted making a mess of your nice forum with my stupid antics! :oops:

At least it's gotten me just a bit more into your world, it seems like this is a really strong community, and I'm sure I'll be able to draw a lot from you all in time to come.

Better to talk about useless things then for me to ask despairing questions about finding a job in Suomi!

Gracias amigos!

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:15 am

BAT wrote:I didn't think so either... glad to know it isn't my poor skills using this interface :) It would be a good function I think. Maybe it could be coded?
Yes it would be a good function, im sure it could be coded with some PHP!

Ace

Re: thanks

Post by Ace » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:16 am

Tomakaze wrote:Hey fellas,

Thanks for trying to help out. I didn't exactly need it moved, so much as I regretted making a mess of your nice forum with my stupid antics! :oops:
Not stupid. These things happen, to us too :wink: