How many are using Finnish menus on their mobile or PC?

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:54 am

The house brick..Nokia 9210i..has no choice just one language installed..you buy Finnish or you buy English...no user facilty to change language.. :roll: ..unless you visit Salo :wink: find a friend in the right area and they change the complete SW package...but go ask your local dealer and ..no way!!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

yaxxi

Very good idea!

Post by yaxxi » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:05 pm

I had my mobile already in Finnish when I was still not able to make a complete sentence. ;-) By the way, it is a good insurance against stealing if you live in Germany, the UK and so on, as the thief wont understand anything, hehehe..

It helps if you are familiar with the location of all major functions on the phone in your own language. Then switch to finnish, and there will be only minor problems, because the words are quite easy and almost always the same (at least regarding phones and sms) and in case of accident you just switch to the old language, check, and then - hopi hopi - back to finnish! ;-)
yaxxi Image Image

dreamer

Post by dreamer » Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:17 pm

can't belive this... i only have these language choices for my phone: automatic, english, deutsch, francais, italiano, nederlands (is that the name of the language? not dutch?), turkce... no suomi? :shock: it's a nokia 6310i... but it's made in germany ;)