Finnish Lessons!!!!!!!!!!

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
turbodank23

Post by turbodank23 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:21 am

Moi! are there any finnish lessons I could take in the helsinki region this summer 2004 if so please help me in doing this. I will be living in Espoo with my girlfriend and would like to attend any classes. I would be open to fall classes to thank you for your help. Dan

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
-- Ernest Hemingway

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:21 am

Finnish courses in ther summer of 2004..
How long what starting level?
One assumes basic and just for a few weeks, unless you are planning a semi permanent stay.

There are courses run in the evenings in most town's...and Espoo is sure to have some..your girl friend can ask at the college of further eductaion nearest to her home, most of them mail out a list of courses to all local house holds..have you asked her if she has such a mailing?..but problem is if you are coming June/Aug most are on school holidays.
By the way Espoo is a big sprawling city...25km/25kms..of many seperate communities with their own centers..which one is your GF in?

In the meantime you are coming here soon... so go buy a basic primer book..you can get it in a shop called Suomalainen Kirjakaupa..your GF will know the nearest branch to her home, probably Tapiola or Espoo Keskus.
here are the details..

From Start to FinNish
Leila White

24,00 euro

ISBN 951-792-105-5

http://www.finnlectura.fi/suomivie/fromstar.htm

Another way to learn Finnish is to come and join me and Hank for a few beers while you are here.. :roll:

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:46 am

Hello Mr. Turbo

I suggest you check out the Summer University (Kesäyliopisto) program at the Helsinki University Language Centre, in the city, near to the big white cathedral.

I just did a Google on this and got:

http://www.helsinki.fi/kksc/language.se ... tus_2.html

Which seems only to be available in Finnish :roll:

I hope you can get your girlfriend to help you out. You could also email the staff on:

[email protected]

They might be able to point you at a page in English.

turbodank23

Post by turbodank23 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:32 pm

Hank thanks for info and I would love to have a couple of beers with you I will be in Espoo on the Dec 24th - Jan 12th this is my girlfriends number

011-358-9-4521-731 thats the number i call in the states it might be shorter in finland so call me or ill call you
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
-- Ernest Hemingway