Any Good Audio CD's for Finnish Language

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
neil

Post by neil » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:03 pm

I am looking to spend some quality time with a decent audio CD for learning Finnish. It will accompany me when sat in the daily commuter traffic. Can anyone recommend one? I figured this 'force-feeding' approach will have a positive effect - even if it learned parrot fashion. I think it will be time well spent.

Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Phil

Re: Any Good Audio CD's for Finnish Language

Post by Phil » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:16 pm

neil wrote:I am looking to spend some quality time with a decent audio CD for learning Finnish. It will accompany me when sat in the daily commuter traffic. Can anyone recommend one? I figured this 'force-feeding' approach will have a positive effect - even if it learned parrot fashion. I think it will be time well spent.
Hey, when you find one can I have a copy? :wink:

I have a audio CD but it came with a book, I don't know if you can just listen to it without the book.

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:17 pm

I bought a self learning record to learn Finnish. I turned it on and went to
sleep; the record got stuck. The next day I could only stutter in Finnish.

Hey Neil, there is this cool little Finnish language site I found called "Finnish School" - check it out, it's rad!! http://www.finnishschool.com

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:45 am

Phil wrote:I bought a self learning record to learn Finnish. I turned it on and went to sleep; the record got stuck. The next day I could only stutter in Finnish.
You've certainly been working on your jokes over the Christmas period, haven't you Phil? :wink:

I used to go to sleep with 'teach yourself Finnish' playing on my walkman. Don't know if it every made a difference...

Stu

Phil

Post by Phil » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:25 am

Handsome wrote: I used to go to sleep with 'teach yourself Finnish' playing on my walkman. Don't know if it every made a difference...

Stu
Your Swedish speaking girlfriends kept switching them to 'teach yourself Swedish' while you were sleeping! :shock:

Samppa

Post by Samppa » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:38 am

How about Pimsleur Courses?
http://www.learn-how-to-speak.com/langu ... ish-01.asp

Though I wouldn't recommend them.. You can also download the lessons of the course from edonkey or emule.
G.S.

Make war with love