Personal Finnish classes

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Olga

Personal Finnish classes

Post by Olga » Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:14 pm

I have finished level 4 at the Helsinki University Language Center. Need to study and practice more, since at home we don't use Finnish at all (habla hispana). Could anybody tell me, how much personal laguage training would cost?

Personal Finnish classes

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

gavin

Post by gavin » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:41 pm

Hi

I looked into that a few years ago. I was quoted 700 FIM/hour (about 120€/hour) but they did say they were geared to bigger companies, but would of course be happy to take my money.

That price was for 1 to 1 teaching.

I am quite sure you could find a better price, if you shopped around in Helsinki (I was searching in Lahti at the time)

Cheers
Gavin

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:49 am

I'm certain you'll find someone to do it cheaper. Probably with cash-in-hand payment.

Try placing an ad on the university language center noticeboard?

Miss Jones

Post by Miss Jones » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:58 am

You might be able to do a swap. Teach somebody English in return for them teaching you Finnish. Somebody I know did this and said it worked really well.

Phil

Post by Phil » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:10 am

Nokia has contracts with two Finnish language companies. AAC Global is one company and I forget the other company name.

They both charge the same, it's approx. 1800e for a x15 1.5 hour sessions. But like someone said above...these companies are geared toward big companies who have money to waste.