Culinary Schools in Helsinki

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
turbodank23

Post by turbodank23 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 pm

I have been looking for culinary schools in helsinki. I have found Hagga but I want more options then just one school. I only speak english but plan on taking some finnish classes. Can anyone please help me thanks!!! Dan

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
-- Ernest Hemingway

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:06 pm

Haaga is the only one that is International in Helsinki area i.e English language.
You need to move your Rs if you want to get in there..They are very popular and courses fill very rapidly.
http://www.hiamk.fi/
I think that Porvo also has English language courses..(Hank will know he went there)...but that is 50Km east of Helsinki.
There are also international courses in other towns...e.g Vaasa/Tampere..but you do not get to see "her" :cry: :cry: they are 200Kms and 400 kms from Helsinki...
By the way there are not courses in bar keeping..it is on the job training ..you get given trial if you cope and your face fits and the punters like you..you keep the job..if not Hyvästi! (did you remember this word from your Finnish lesson from last week?)

turbodank23

Post by turbodank23 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:04 pm

yes i remember. also all applications for the course at hagga have to be there by april 2cnd and im sending it out this week. is that cool?
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
-- Ernest Hemingway