help with a couple of words I'm stuck on...

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
neil

Post by neil » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:50 pm

Can anyone help to translate these words for me please?

They've upped the house company payments so I'm all of a sudden interested in the numbers and what the words mean:

:arrow: Hoitovastike

:arrow: Korjausvastike

:arrow: rahoitusvastike, piha

Thanks,

Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Tom and Jerry

Post by Tom and Jerry » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:04 pm

Hoitovastike: payment for electricity, heating, waste, tax

Korjausvastike: some larger repairment was made, and it is seperately paid for by all owners.

Rahoitusvastike: apparently a loan was taken for this larger repairment and this is the payment for the loan.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:52 am

This is the time of the year when the "block rent" for appartments is reviewed. When you buy an apartment you become a shareholder of the block and part responsible for the maintenance of the block and this means you pay a monthly block rent/contribution.
Usualy this is decided on annualy and it is preceeded by a meeting to which you should have been invited, when all share owners of the block are told what changes are being planned and what has to be paid extra.
You should have been told by the estate agent when you bought your place of any pending additional cost and or loan repayments which would result in an increase. (The bank told us as they spotted it in the paper work..removing some trees from the piha and new ashfelt)
Typical are balcony repairs..Hank just got stung for a big one on his place for just that. Resurfacing of the paths looks to be what you have to pay because I notice the word Piha.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:32 am

More like:

Hoitovastike = maintenance fee for services as in garbage/cleaning/janitorial services etc.
Korjausvastike = maintenence fee for repairs, usually a buffer fund is kept or as TJ said if some major repairs are underway. Usually stuff like roof, widow, yard, new paint to the hall etc.
Rahoitusvastike/piha = The yard was repaired some time ago. (new parking places, new garbage dumps etc.) There was an option to pay it off right there or then or add it to your monthly dues. It is a mortgage taken by the house shareholders kind of.

(that last bit is what the mysterious mh and vh prices are in sales ads)
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:18 pm

Hank W. wrote:Usually stuff like roof, widow, yard, new paint to the hall etc.

Hmmm... That's interesting...
I wonder how a widow needs repairing... Must be one hell of a fee you're paying for that :lol:

Sorry... Couldn't help myself... :oops: