"Finnish School" | Bug <- I think I fixed it...

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:34 pm

Thanks to everyone for informing me about this serious bug in the program. When I switched servers last week, something obviously got fouled up. I'm looking into it now.

Sorry for the inconvience guys & gals!! I'll get it working ASAP...

UPDATE: I think I fixed it. When I moved servers, the SQL exporter converted all the Finnish a's and o's to special character codes. Like ä turned into: &#228

So please try it and lemme know if you stilll have problems....

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Make

Post by Make » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:35 am

It works fine now for me, the only problem I've actually had since the beginning is that when I select for example ä in hän and then type the n and submit it actually doesn't record the n and tells me that my answer incorrect. The only way to solve this is to after clicking the ä click the word your typing.

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:06 am

Make wrote:It works fine now for me, the only problem I've actually had since the beginning is that when I select for example ä in hän and then type the n and submit it actually doesn't record the n and tells me that my answer incorrect. The only way to solve this is to after clicking the ä click the word your typing.
Yeah, that is a problem, I'll see if I can fix that.

I don't even use those 'a' and 'o' buttons when I practice, I just change the keyboard layout to Finnish, much easier that way.

Make

Post by Make » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:20 am

I get lost when I do that! ;)

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:24 am

Why not just buy a Finnish keyboard?
It's a lot easier and it costs you maybe 20 euros (if you don't want to buy one of those fancy wireless over-functionized typers :wink: )

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:17 pm

Make wrote:I get lost when I do that! ;)
It's easy. If you're using Windows, goto your control panel then click on the 'keyboard' icon. Look for something that says "Input Locals", then click "Add..." and select 'Finnish' - you'll then have a little icon at the bottom of your screen. Click on it and you'll be able to switch to Finnish instantly. It definitely comes in handy!