Second Hand Books

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Jayeeta

Second Hand Books

Post by Jayeeta » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Hi,
I have joined a Finnish Course. Can anyone suggest where can I buy 2nd hand Finnish books? I specifically want a 2nd hand book called Kieli Käyttöön. Please suggest a bookstore which is in Helsinki region.

Cheers
Jayeeta

Jayeeta Chowdhury

Second Hand Books

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Phil

Post by Phil » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:07 pm

Finding that book used, may be difficult to find in a store. Your best bet is to find someone on this website who will sell it. I'm sure you'll find someone.

However, I strongly advise you to buy a new book because most used books will have the previous owner writing in it and filling in all the answers.

deojuvame

Post by deojuvame » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:54 pm

Yes, it's mainly a series of excercises, it's more of a workbook than a textbook. So if you do find one used, prepare to use the white out :P

I just bought a Kieli Käytöön book- it's pretty much the same price everywhere, I think it was 34 EUR at the Stockmann bookstore, Akateeminen Kirjakauppa AND the Yliopiston Kirjakauppa, so if you're trying to find a good price on it, it might take a lot of hunting around.

Olison

Post by Olison » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:00 pm

hey, visit library! :) you can get this book for free, only for 1 month though. I don't buy any books anymore, just order from libraries. http://www.helmet.fi

Jayeeta

Ur right

Post by Jayeeta » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:52 pm

I have actually taken the book from the library and would keep it till I need it. But then I was wondering what is the other option as I have to return the book to the library at some point.

cheers
Jayeeta
Jayeeta Chowdhury