Motivated group to learn finnish?-Motivating teacher needed

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Papu

Post by Papu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:27 pm

Hi!

I would really, really like to learn finnish (moving to Helsinki in Feb.).

I had already tried once in Kuopio University (Suomi 1 course), but the "Erasmus"-Students were just interested in getting credits and no-one actually learned anything.

I am looking for the BEST teacher, course, group, etc.... Does the University offer good courses, or is it better to take private lessons?

I´m looking for a small, motivated group.... and having read all the other posts in this forum I´m sure there are others out there.

Thank you!!!

Jabbadabbadooo

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Papu

... by the way...

Post by Papu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:31 pm

Forgot to write this in my above posting:

I would prefer spending 3.000 Euros and making an effort to learn the language, than taking the cheapest course and sitting around getting frustrated.

Although patience is a key to learning languages, I´d like to speed things up as much as possible - reading the postings in this forums shows that once the language-barrier is overthrown, everything else also comes easier (work, friends, life, ...)

Appreciate any good tips!
Jabbadabbadooo

bretti_kivi

Post by bretti_kivi » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:09 pm

i'm doing Suomi III at kuopio at the moment, and the group is getting smaller by the lesson. we're now down to 16 students from 28.

in three weeks.

the lessons are fine, the people are really interested in learning (mainly because they have to, and there are a lot of 'externals' there too) and i don't know of a better way to do things.

Bret
"I have no further comments at this time"

Papu

Post by Papu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:26 pm

thanks for your reply!

I guess I was just not all that lucky in the course I took... (And maybe there was some fault on my side as well... ;-)

Papu
Jabbadabbadooo

Thefrank

Re: Motivated group to learn finnish?-Motivating teacher nee

Post by Thefrank » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:41 am

Papu wrote:Hi!

I would really, really like to learn finnish (moving to Helsinki in Feb.).

I had already tried once in Kuopio University (Suomi 1 course), but the "Erasmus"-Students were just interested in getting credits and no-one actually learned anything.

I am looking for the BEST teacher, course, group, etc.... Does the University offer good courses, or is it better to take private lessons?

I´m looking for a small, motivated group.... and having read all the other posts in this forum I´m sure there are others out there.

Thank you!!!
Hi

Perhaps I can help you something.

I am not the best teacher and I am not teacher at all, but I can help with pronouciations.

Helsinki University has some lanquage lessons. You better look from:
http://www.helsinki.fi/

But if you need some help to pronounciations, then you can contact to me, when you come to Helsinki.

But contact to:
http://www.dlc.fi/~frank/comments.htm
and put to Subject: "Finnish lessons".

Why this subject? I receive allmost 100 junkmail every day and I need to know that what is it questioning about.

The Frank