Writing a christmas card

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Wonderlandless

Writing a christmas card

Post by Wonderlandless » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:09 am

I think I have most of the stuff I want to say down in Finnish. But I can't find a good enough online dictionary so I can see if I am right and don't make a fool out of myself. I basically want to say:

'Hello, how are you doing? Everything is fine here but its rather cold, though I am trying my best to built up a resistance so I can be ready for moving to Finland (I've started to scoff at my friends who complain that 2-10 celcius is cold). I hope you and your family is having wonderful Christmas and tell your father thank you so much for allowing me to stay with you this summer.

I'll see you next time its warm!

Love,'

There you go. I would really love some help as I want to ship this card by tomorrow or Wednesday. Thanks!

. . The more you change the less you feel . .

Writing a christmas card

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Sonja

Post by Sonja » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:34 pm

Hello, how are you doing? Everything is fine here but its rather cold, though I am trying my best to built up a resistance so I can be ready for moving to Finland (I've started to scoff at my friends who complain that 2-10 celcius is cold). I hope you and your family is having wonderful Christmas and tell your father thank you so much for allowing me to stay with you this summer.

I'll see you next time its warm!

Love,
Hei, mitä kuuluu? Täällä on kaikki hyvin, mutta melko kylmää. Yritän parhaani mukaan kehittää vastustuskykyäni, jotta olisin valmis muuttamaan Suomeen (olen alkanut naureskella ystävilleni jotka valittavat, että 2-10 asteen lämpötila on kylmä). Toivon, että sinä ja perheesi vietätte ihanan joulun ja kerro isällesi oikein paljon kiitoksia siitä, että sain asua teillä kesällä.

Nähdään sitten kun on taas lämmintä!

Rakkaudella,

Wonderlandless

Post by Wonderlandless » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:43 pm

Thank you so much! Her family barely speaks English so I didn't want to confuse them (as the card is for them as well)

Shows me I have a lot more Finnish to learn. I only had about half of that right!
. . The more you change the less you feel . .