Translation please?

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Rzrbldkss

Translation please?

Post by Rzrbldkss » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:04 am

I found this song and I am not sure of what the lyrics are in English. I think the song is in Finnish. Could someone please translate it for me or at least tell me how I can translate it. Or if you have any suggestions as to where I can learn Finnish so that I can translate it myself, that would be very much appreciated also. Thank you very, very much.

Here are the lyrics:

Neljä Ruusua - "Hunningolla"

Jokainen nauttii, jokainen kärsii,
jokainen miettii, jokainen oppii
jokainen muuttuu, jokainen vahvistuu

Jokainen pelkää, jokainen suree
jokainen luottaa, jokainen tulee,

Ja kaikki tahtoo olla sekaisin
kyllä mäkin tykkään tehdä niin
joskus pudotaan tuoleilta
se on kivaa, kivaa, kivaa

Välillä on syytä ihan sovinnolla
olla hunningolla aivan kuutamolla
kun tyhjentää saa pään se auttaa kestämään
hävittää hermopaineet
se poistaa ikävää ja silloin sielu lepää
on niin pehmeää

Jokainen elää, jokainen kuolee,
jokainen pettää, jokainen nuolee,

Ja kaikki tahtoo..

Välill
Last edited by Rzrbldkss on Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Translation please?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:05 am

Don't tell me, let me guess.. you found the video of Ville Valo doing vocals on this.

Rzrbldkss

Post by Rzrbldkss » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:52 am

Actually no, I saw that the band HIM was in the video, that is how I heard of Nelja Ruusua, but I also know of their other songs and I was also going to ask whoever replied with the translation if they could translate another song for me. And, when you hear songs that you like, and they are in another language, you tend to be curious as to what the singer is saying, oh but wait, what is it any of your business to ask or to say? All I asked for was a translation.

Ktulu

Post by Ktulu » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:11 am

Rzrbldkss wrote:oh but wait, what is it any of your business to ask or to say? All I asked for was a translation.
It's a public forum. He has as much business asking why, as you do asking for a translation. You didn't have to reply, just as no one technically has to reply to you.

Rzrbldkss

Post by Rzrbldkss » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:19 am

I simply asked for a translation, you nor they gave me a translation so therefore, your posts are useless. But, that person did say whatever they said and I felt as though they were putting me down somehow like as if they were calling me some Ville Valo groupie wannabe, so to me my post was useful, but then you are going to say "Well it was my right to tell you that anyone can say whatever they want to say." And I found that useless, but it did have some sort of meaning and mine did have some sort of meaning, but since I called your post useless and it had a meaning, then mine would be useless even if it did have a meaning. So therefore, the conclusion here is that all of our posts are useless unless they concern the main question.

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:37 am

Don't mind otyikondo, he makes his living by doing Finnish-English translations. So hearing the words "free translation" gives him gas.

Here's a machine translation...
Every one enjoys, every one suffers, every one thinks, every one learns, every one changes, every one strengthens

Every one is afraid, every one mourns, every one, to trust, every one will come

And all wants to be mäkin out of order, of course, I like so once to do, it is fallen off the chairs, it is nice, nice, nice

Sometimes there will be to be hunningolla on the reconciliation quite in the moonlight a reason quite when one empties, it to destroy the stresses in Väli may help the head to hold, it is to be hunningolla on the reconciliation quite in the moonlight quite, the reason removes longing and then the soul rests, it is so soft

Every one lives, every one dies, every one deceives, every one licks

And all wants..

neil

Post by neil » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:38 am

Rzrbldkss wrote:oh but wait, what is it any of your business to ask or to say? All I asked for was a translation.
Please bear in mind this forum runs soley on the goodwill of others - they do not have to help anyone.
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:56 am

Phil wrote: Here's a machine translation...
Ha, pretty good this time over. Doesn't get the colloquialisms though.

And all wants to be mäkin out of order, of course, I like so once to do, it is fallen off the chairs, it is nice, nice, nice
I'd go " And everyone wants to be messed up, as I want too, falling off chairs, it is fun fun fun."
Sometimes there will be to be hunningolla on the reconciliation quite in the moonlight a reason quite when one empties, it to destroy the stresses in Väli may help the head to hold, it is to be hunningolla on the reconciliation quite in the moonlight quite, the reason removes longing and then the soul rests, it is so soft
Ah, this is the gobbledygook part. The main word "hunninko" is actually untranslatable. Ok, Phil, you crawl home 17 years old puking your guts out and your neigbours see you. In Finland they'd say "poika on hunningolla" .. in English - "the boy is... on the wide path/in wrong company/totally lost/gone south" ... "gone south" would be closer as hunninko is actually a place name as well

At times there is reason, without opposing it,

be wasted , totally spaced out

kun tyhjentää saa pään se auttaa kestämään
when you empty your maind it helps to cope

hävittää hermopaineet
rids you of mental anguish

se poistaa ikävää ja silloin sielu lepää
It removes the boredom and thus the soul rests

on niin pehmeää
oh so soft

So as you see, it actually gets most of the verse. Not bad for a machine.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:03 am

Rzrbldkss wrote:I simply asked for a translation, you nor they gave me a translation so therefore, your posts are useless. But, that person did say whatever they said and I felt as though they were putting me down somehow like as if they were calling me some Ville Valo groupie wannabe, so to me my post was useful, but then you are going to say "Well it was my right to tell you that anyone can say whatever they want to say." And I found that useless, but it did have some sort of meaning and mine did have some sort of meaning, but since I called your post useless and it had a meaning, then mine would be useless even if it did have a meaning. So therefore, the conclusion here is that all of our posts are useless unless they concern the main question.
Just one thing, go @#$% yourself.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:06 am

His handle sums HIM up..
Razor Blade Kiss.... :roll:

That is what I suspect otyikondo also spotted hence his reference to Ville Valo .
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Him/Ra ... -Kiss.html

Destinys Child.. :wink:
http://destinys-child.lyrics-songs.com/lyrics/10639/

The song features on a CD "POPMUSEO (9/2000)" by a Finnish band called Nelja Ruusua.(Four Roses)
http://www.neljaruusua.com/
Click. "Julkaisut"..

By the way Razor Blade kiss also asks..

any suggestions as to where I can learn Finnish so that I can translate it myself, that would be very much appreciated also

Ktulu

Post by Ktulu » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:27 am

Rzrbldkss wrote:I simply asked for a translation, you nor they gave me a translation so therefore, your posts are useless. But, that person did say whatever they said and I felt as though they were putting me down somehow like as if they were calling me some Ville Valo groupie wannabe, so to me my post was useful, but then you are going to say "Well it was my right to tell you that anyone can say whatever they want to say." And I found that useless, but it did have some sort of meaning and mine did have some sort of meaning, but since I called your post useless and it had a meaning, then mine would be useless even if it did have a meaning. So therefore, the conclusion here is that all of our posts are useless unless they concern the main question.
Ah, but I was answering your second question... ergo, my post wasn't useless in the sense that it was answering your second question (which was questioning the questioning). However, if you were expecting an answer to your origional question, then could only deem my post useless if you hadn't asked an additional question... unless of course, that question mark in your second post was a typo and hence makes my reply useless.

Emi

Post by Emi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:06 am

I don't think that any of posts are useless. Anyway, we can find some other things out from others' posts :)
Und die jahre ziehen ins Land und wir trinken immer noch ohne Verstand...