Did you pass YKI kirjoittaminen? if yes, share experience

Learn and discuss the Finnish language with Finn's and foreigners alike
Jake23

Post by Jake23 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Hello,

My questions are for people who passed YKI's kirjoittaminen keskitaso and received 3.

As it comes from 3 parts: email, feedback and opinion, did you write all 3? especially the opinion part, if there's a minimum volume requirement ? ( I did write all but the time was in short supply and I barely wrote half of the page of the opinion page. Is it necessary to write all 3 parts in order to receive grade 3? Anyone passed without writing all 3 parts? if yes, which part you didn't write and still passed?

2. Is it possible to pass even if you made some phraseological mistakes? After the test I've realized i did in couple of places.. I know that they don't pay much attention to grammatical mistakes

i guess there are a lot of people like me who would like to know, how the kirjoittaminen part is evaluated and if many people answer this post it will be easier to understand what is the min. requirement to pass YKI's kirjoittaminen part. :)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

supergames

Re: Did you pass YKI kirjoittaminen? if yes, share experien

Post by supergames » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:25 pm

I would like to know this as well. Waiting for the result of 26 August.

Jake23

Post by Jake23 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:59 pm

hope we'll get many replies :)

mdn

Post by mdn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 am

Jake23 wrote:As it comes from 3 parts: email, feedback and opinion, did you write all 3
What? Feedback? I thought it is a request to change the decision. :) An 'appeal' to the decision (as I understood - yesterday it was so: you have tried to get a some study place, but you did not receive it - write a message that you disagree and what do you want etc).

Just to clarify - 07.10.2017 there was definitely 2 emails (1 and 2, with senders/subjects etc).
Jake23 wrote:I did write all but the time was in short supply and I barely wrote half of the page of the opinion page.
I do not know about that opinion requirements, but I have seen that my neighbour had wrote just 2-3 lines for first 2 parts.

Jake23

Post by Jake23 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:01 pm

You are right mdn and the first part was an email to a friend telling you are ill and what you want him to do... but since we'll not know the result until December we cant help:) So if the people who already did the test in the past and received their results will share their experience about writing part we can understand how its evaluated...

supergames

Post by supergames » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:07 pm

I also wrote half page o f opinion task on August 26 because I ran out of arguments :D

Jake23

Post by Jake23 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:22 pm

@supergames don't forget to inform us when you get results:) seems people who passed the test and got their results don't check this post anymore, for them yki is a history...:)

mdn

Post by mdn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 am

And regarding to opinion. Suddenly I have figured out, that 1 of opinion choice ('is it good that shops can be open every day') had been also on YKI for 2016 (somewhen February-March).

So it is true that a lot of those topics are repeating, it is better to collect them and be ready. :)

Update: Listening comprehension - a woman and a horse (call to police) also was used on YKI 12.11.2016. :)

Jake23

Post by Jake23 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:31 am

I guess they r repeating or modify a bit, we should always remember yki or any other test is a wrong measurement of knowledge...but we live in a world of formalities and bureaucracy:)
I was really surprised I've passed listening part in spring when I got results. I didn't understand 70% of listening part...

nickpower

Post by nickpower » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Have the results been sent out then for 26th augusts tests ? I'm eagerly awaiting mine :lol:

supergames

Post by supergames » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:21 am

I am waiting too, though it was hard for me. But I wanna know how strict checking is.

Jake23

Post by Jake23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm

unfortunatelly nobody answer :)

MeAndmE

Post by MeAndmE » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 pm

I did YKI 5 years ago so the memory is not so fresh anymore, :idea: but I remember having friend email, complaint and opinion. Also run out of time with the opinion so I wrote just over half of the page and still got 3.

Jake23

Post by Jake23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:28 pm

@MeAndmE thanks, at least now we know that half of the opinion part is enough:) did you make some grammar or other mistakes in writing ?

MeAndmE

Post by MeAndmE » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Jake23 wrote:@MeAndmE thanks, at least now we know that half of the opinion part is enough:) did you make some grammar or other mistakes in writing ?
Loads of mistakes. The same with speaking part and still got 4. I think the point of the exam is that you make yourself understood, that´s what matters and not that you use wrong case ending etc. Funnily enough, writing was my strongest part before the exam, at least that´s what I and my teachers thought and in the end I got the lowest score for it. :shock: