police clearance/ certificate

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
funnyman

Post by funnyman » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:08 am

I am planning to immigrate to Canada by applying for permanent residence. One of the requirements is to have a police certificate/clearance from each of the country where applicant has lived for more than 6 months. Finland is one of the country where i have lived for a year many years back. Can someone please let me know whom to request for such clearance, any address or relevant information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:54 am

Hi,

Try this:
http://www.oikeus.fi/oikeusrekisterikeskus/18619.htm

The Police Website has a link to the same document:
http://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/ ... 1A0028D546

Hope this is what you were looking for!

Donald

Re: police clearance/ certificate

Post by Donald » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:27 am

funnyman wrote:I am planning to immigrate to Canada by applying for permanent residence. One of the requirements is to have a police certificate/clearance from each of the country where applicant has lived for more than 6 months. Finland is one of the country where i have lived for a year many years back. Can someone please let me know whom to request for such clearance, any address or relevant information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Are you married to or planning on marrying a Canadian? If not, then why leave wonderful Finland?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:56 pm

He enjoys the warmer climate in tropical Canada, and feels as immigrating to Finland is so cheap, Canada must be better as no poor people can afford to move there :mrgreen: (just look at their processing fees! :shock: )
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

funnyman

Post by funnyman » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:34 pm

Are you married to or planning on marrying a Canadian? If not, then why leave wonderful Finland?
I dont plan to marry a canadian. I am engaged to finnish girl. Reason for this move is no language problem and also slightly better climate compared to finland( thinking on BC/vancouver) and probably better job opportunity compared to finland, also i didnt enjoy my stay in finland, felt as if everyone is staring and indirectly asking why i am there, nothing much to do in Helsinki in winter except internet( not into winter sports) and kind of lonely for me. Earlier i was planning to move to UK, postponed that for the time being.
He enjoys the warmer climate in tropical Canada, and feels as immigrating to Finland is so cheap, Canada must be better as no poor people can afford to move there (just look at their processing fees! )
yea you are right, arent you waiting for your lottery for usa :wink: , how many lotteries you plan to win in one lifetime ( wasnt there one song which mentions being born in finland is like winning a lottery or something) :)

Thanks Distantspaces for the info.

Donald

Post by Donald » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:48 pm

funnyman wrote:
I dont plan to marry a canadian. I am engaged to finnish girl. Reason for this move is no language problem and also slightly better climate compared to finland( thinking on BC/vancouver) and probably better job opportunity compared to finland, also i didnt enjoy my stay in finland, felt as if everyone is staring and indirectly asking why i am there, nothing much to do in Helsinki in winter except internet( not into winter sports) and kind of lonely for me. Earlier i was planning to move to UK, postponed that for the time being.

He enjoys the warmer climate in tropical Canada, and feels as immigrating to Finland is so cheap, Canada must be better as no poor people can afford to move there (just look at their processing fees! )
yea you are right, arent you waiting for your lottery for usa :wink: , how many lotteries you plan to win in one lifetime ( wasnt there one song which mentions being born in finland is like winning a lottery or something) :)

Thanks Distantspaces for the info.
Where are you from originally? What makes you think Canada would be any different than Finland? What skills/degrees do you have? I can understand how you feel, I have been here for over three years and everyday I get up it has been a challenge for one reason or another. Networking with people here have been my saving grace. Before you head there try to contact some immigrant groups that may assist you in some way...red tape...contacts...where to live...etc

funnyman

Post by funnyman » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:35 pm

Where are you from originally? What makes you think Canada would be any different than Finland? What skills/degrees do you have? I can understand how you feel, I have been here for over three years and everyday I get up it has been a challenge for one reason or another. Networking with people here have been my saving grace. Before you head there try to contact some immigrant groups that may assist you in some way...red tape...contacts...where to live...etc
I am guessing canada will be like usa, i am living here for last 3 years and didnt get bored compared to finland. I am in IT as consultant, masters degrees with 3 years in C++/Microsoft and last 3 years in j2ee, generally i call companies across countries, they take interviews and after that they sponsor work permit and also pay for airfare and initial settlement. I am originally from India, currently working in usa on H1B(work permit). Green card in usa through employment is slightly tough these days especially for my company which is a startup and has laid off 35% of its workforce in last two years ( INS objects that how come a employment based green card is being sponsored when on other hand company has laid off so many people). Thats why i am thinking of canada in future (one year down the line) and just planning for it right now and finding out all relevant and necessary information.

Donald

Post by Donald » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:14 pm

But getting an EU passport will give you more options and certainly warmer climates. When do you plan on getting married? Maybe Finland could be your gateway to a better life somewhere else in the EU...in time!

funnyman

Post by funnyman » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:04 pm

But getting an EU passport will give you more options and certainly warmer climates. When do you plan on getting married? Maybe Finland could be your gateway to a better life somewhere else in the EU...in time!
we plan to marry in spring. Right now i am trying to avoid living in finland though eventually we will have to move to finland in middle age.

Donald

Post by Donald » Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:23 pm

funnyman wrote:
we plan to marry in spring. Right now i am trying to avoid living in finland though eventually we will have to move to finland in middle age.
Have you thought about getting married then moving to another EU country that may welcome your skills then setting up residency there? Ireland or England?

funnyman

Post by funnyman » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:11 pm

Have you thought about getting married then moving to another EU country that may welcome your skills then setting up residency there? Ireland or England?
Yes, that was the original plan since UK is english speaking and not so cold and also near to Finland, if we have to move to finland in near future then we are definitely going to explore that option. I have noticed that finnish woman( i know of only one) get home sick if they live in North america for long time even though initially it looks exciting to them, general complaints are independence ( can be overcome by learning driving), security, nature, work culture, summer cabin. The biggest complaint is in the food department, i have never noticed it but milk doesnt taste the same ( to me the only difference is in finland it comes in cardboard packs and in usa its in bottles), how food is grown eg using fertilisers and genetically modified though somehow i cant notice the difference. May be UK is better option and hopefully will solve the food department problems.

Donald

Post by Donald » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:44 pm

funnyman wrote:
Yes, that was the original plan since UK is english speaking and not so cold and also near to Finland, if we have to move to finland in near future then we are definitely going to explore that option. I have noticed that finnish woman( i know of only one) get home sick if they live in North america for long time even though initially it looks exciting to them, general complaints are independence ( can be overcome by learning driving), security, nature, work culture, summer cabin. The biggest complaint is in the food department, i have never noticed it but milk doesnt taste the same ( to me the only difference is in finland it comes in cardboard packs and in usa its in bottles), how food is grown eg using fertilisers and genetically modified though somehow i cant notice the difference. May be UK is better option and hopefully will solve the food department problems.
In the US you can find all kinds of Finnish foods plus more. My wife today complains about missing the foods, cheap disigner clothing and other positive aspects too numerous to put down but I am sure you are aware of it. I acknowledge the security issues that exists there too but it is just a matter of time when what affects America will soon affect Finland. It's inevitable. Even being part of the EU may bring terrorist threats because of policies and agreements decided in Brussels. We must enjoy what we have today because tomorrow will definitely bring change. Immigration here will definitely change who we are as a nation and people. The future here will depend on what and whose vision we follow. As Confusius once said, "there is opportunity in crisis!" Go, where ever opportunity is for you,
whether you think it is here in Finland or somewhere else. Life is about risk and not always playing it safe! Right now, I am betting on Finland and the EU. :wink:

Tom and Jerry

Post by Tom and Jerry » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:04 pm

Donald wrote:[Life is about risk and not always playing it safe! Right now, I am betting on Finland and the EU. :wink:
Rien ne va plus!

Not participating at the moose hunting that started today?

Donald

Post by Donald » Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:39 pm

Tom and Jerry wrote:
Donald wrote:[Life is about risk and not always playing it safe! Right now, I am betting on Finland and the EU. :wink:
Rien ne va plus!

Not participating at the moose hunting that started today?
No, but I am eating some! Look out for the speed traps. I got caught last year. The Polis are out in full for some extra revenue! :wink: :lol:

distantspaces

Post by distantspaces » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:47 pm

funnyman wrote: Thanks Distantspaces for the info.
You are welcome.It is always a pleasure to help out a fellow Indian. I am from New Delhi.

Best of luck in Canada. I can understand how life in Finland is not as exciting as it could be in Canada. The dark and lonely winters, coupled with people who don't want to talk, is a nasty combination.

I am bracing up for my third winter here...