just a funny thing...

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
interleukin

just a funny thing...

Post by interleukin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:38 pm

vvv

just a funny thing...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:44 pm

Well, if he's a "pami" then he's really out of luck. Even the Swedish-speakers can't understand him :lol: "va sa du, du vaasa du" :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:23 pm

vvv

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:26 pm

Härregudändå, en kongå-pami hybrid :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:41 pm

vvv

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Other way around. 'Pampas' is the Österbotten, so 'Pamis' come from there... Just go to BorRRRgå and ask. :lol:
(btw if you look at Espoo map you can find Kongo there too)
Cheers, Hank W.

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:15 pm

vvv

Timbeh

Post by Timbeh » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:43 pm

eeinarsdottir wrote:The people in Åland are (in my humble opinion) crazy, do not like speaking Finnish (or usually cannot), are sceptical of most things Finnish
You hit the nail on the head there. They're asking for help from the swedish government as they feel that the finnish government has "given up on it's language political duties" or something. :roll:

Apparently they are alarmed for the growing number of finnish speakers on their little paradise island. They've even been noticed by the EU officials for prejudice towards finnish speakers. At the moment their legislation is straightforwardly in conflict with the EU's discrimination directive (for discrimination against the finnish speakers, that is).
"The whole world cries out, "Peace, Freedom, and a few less fat bastards eating all the pie"."
- Edmund Blackadder

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:11 pm

Heh, if they had been sceded to Sweden in 1921. Mariehamn would be a second Malmö... :lol:

Anywhichway anyone wondering what the heck all this is all about
pappa:
http://swedia.ling.umu.se/Finland/Oster ... es/ym.html

mamma:
http://swedia.ling.umu.se/Finland/Aland/Saltvik/yw.html

and what I've heard all too much
http://swedia.ling.umu.se/Finland/Nyland/Borga/ym.html :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.

odon

Post by odon » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:04 pm

i guess it is not so funny as my wife's story, her great grandmother a finnish by birth, määtänen surname, married a rich man who was staying in st.petersberg, and they had a house in Karelia but then the finnish russian war drove them to one side, they happenened to have a house in St.petersberg, so moved there and then when Lenin took over they ran to Poland, their only daughter married a poland man, then came the 2nd world war and the town was taken over by the german and then by the russian and ended up in ukraine, and their daughter married a Hungerian and then my wife was born, and now married to an indian who happened to get the permanent residence first and she will get the finnish citizenship because of me!! haaa.......haaaaa :lol:

i can't help it.............it is vapuuu!!

interleukin

Post by interleukin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:28 pm

vvv

odon

Post by odon » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:36 pm

[quote=""]hehe... you are right, that is easily the craziest story I have heard.

The situation in my family is that I have a younger sister. I met my Finnish boyfriend in Sweden, she met her Argentinian husband while living in Japan and now they live in the US... our poor mother has a hard time keeping track of who is where and with whom...hehe

[/quote]
poor mother,,,,,, i can understand her worries....two daughers with two different nationals.....wow :lol: , do u have anyone at home to keep your parents happy?? i mean any sisters or brothers.....??

my wife is totally freeked out, she has a lot of blood mixed in her....i wonder what my child will say when i eventually think of having one!! dad u have totally confused me ...i have a Identity crisis!! :lol:

but on the bright side, think of the lanuages she will pick up..my wife speaks, finnish, english, russian , ukranian, polish, hungarian, persian, hindi, .....and totally confused which is her main language :P