Shopping carts

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
~luna~

Post by ~luna~ » Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:20 pm

this "wild" carts thing surprised me when i first came to finland.
in italy there aren't supermarkets where you can get a cart without putting either 50 cents, 1 or 2 euros and free the thing from the chain.
perhaps, in the near future they'll bring this system in use also in finland, i see that some people reported they do that already :wink:

hardware store: similar to a black hole in space - if he goes in, he isn't coming out any time soon

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:31 am

They used to have "cart boys" who collected from the parking lots. Also, some like Maximarket's had these automats that gave you a coupon when you pushed a cart in. You collected enough coupons into a booklet you could exchange it to cash. I remember it was something like 20 pennies. When I was working as security guard in the Maxi's in the 1980's, there were old pensioner ladies who came in the morning, spent the day pushing in shopping carts - even fighting over them sometimes. They kept themselves in shape I guess. And gossiped and sat in the cafe like old ladies do. And oh the terrible fate if the automat didn't work! Agh! those old ladies! Agh!
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Dara

Post by Dara » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:47 pm

Well I think having a cart in the market aley (where you can simply push it aside) is better than what people here in Bulgaria do... Everybody just leave the carts all around the parking plot so one has to stop the car, get out and move them in order to advance towards the exit. If one is clever he/she can try to go further and replace the rest of the carts on the way in order to secure a clear path.... Unfortunately by the time one is back to her/his car more crats have misteriousely appeared so one has to start all over again. :evil: :lol: