Jody Morris arrested again/Chambers THG sample positive

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:19 pm

Story here. Now I know West Yorkshire police aren't the sharpest of plods, but its not looking promising for Morris.

Chambers found to have used that THG also. This "doping" seems to be a hot topic in Finlands news broadcasts.

I hope my fellow Mancunian. The 100m World Championship bronse medalist Darren Campbell doesn't test positive too.

Chambers could have already cost three of his fellow athletes in the WC 4*400 meters medals (providing they don't test positive as well).

If I was a betting man i'd say it was worth putting a few quid on Marion Jones testing positive. If not then she has to be one of the greatest athletes of all time :!:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Kemars

Re: Jody Morris arrested again/Chambers THG sample positive

Post by Kemars » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:05 pm

olly wrote:Story here. Now I know West Yorkshire police aren't the sharpest of plods, but its not looking promising for Morris.

Chambers found to have used that THG also. This "doping" seems to be a hot topic in Finlands news broadcasts.

I hope my fellow Mancunian. The 100m World Championship bronse medalist Darren Campbell doesn't test positive too.

Chambers could have already cost three of his fellow athletes in the WC 4*400 meters medals (providing they don't test positive as well).

If I was a betting man i'd say it was worth putting a few quid on Marion Jones testing positive. If not then she has to be one of the greatest athletes of all time :!:
Not to mention the hot topic about doping in the USA
Burlingame, California (my old stomping grounds) and BALCO (Bay Area Labratory Co-Operative, inc. (Click here for the story)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:28 pm

Kemars wrote:
olly wrote:Story here. Now I know West Yorkshire police aren't the sharpest of plods, but its not looking promising for Morris.

Not to mention the hot topic about doping in the USA
Burlingame, California (my old stomping grounds) and BALCO (Bay Area Labratory Co-Operative, inc. (Click here for the story)
I think that's what Olly means, Kemars. The Finnish media are running with the USTAF THG story quite hard. Nobody has yet had time to react to the Chambers incident. In fact I heard about it first on here about 30 seconds ago...

But if they scoop up 30-40 athletes and sportsmen in one fell swoop over there, then the SIGTHTF with a vengeance. (think bodily wastes impacting upon a ventilator)
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:31 pm

Ker-rist! Just read the Jody Blue-Shirt stuff... He's in deep doo-doo now. And anyone else who's had a dalliance in the past that went a bit outside of Queensberry Rules will be biting their nails and waiting for the phone to ring, too.
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

brendan_uk

Post by brendan_uk » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:42 pm

I always knew that the americans where cheating! :?

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:57 pm

WLM wrote:Ker-rist! Just read the Jody Blue-Shirt stuff... He's in deep doo-doo now. And anyone else who's had a dalliance in the past that went a bit outside of Queensberry Rules will be biting their nails and waiting for the phone to ring, too.
What is it with these Chelsea rejects eh? (allegedly).

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:52 am

Kemars wrote:Burlingame, California (my old stomping grounds) and BALCO (Bay Area Labratory Co-Operative, inc. (Click here for the story)
Stealth Steroids eh? Will anyone take athletics seriously again?

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:33 pm

This just in from our man on the back straight with the six-pack of Retsina XXX and the tzaziki-flavoured crisps:

2004 Olympics 100m, Men

1. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, Thailand 11.97
2. Teodoro Picado, Costa Rica 12.01
3. Steingrímur Oddmansson, Iceland 12.14

2004 Olympics Shot Put, Men

1. Haile Anlaikeli, Ethiopia 12.56m
2. Sir Stafford Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia, 12.44m
3. Layden O'Sama, Islamic People's Republic of Registan 12.12m

Details of the women's long jump qualifying (qualifying distance 4.30 m) to follow...

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:40 pm

WLM wrote:2004 Olympics Shot Put, Men

:lol: That was a coffee splurter that one :wink:

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:02 pm

WLM wrote:This just in from our man on the back straight with the six-pack of Retsina XXX and the tzaziki-flavoured crisps:

2004 Olympics 100m, Men

1. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, Thailand 11.97
2. Teodoro Picado, Costa Rica 12.01
3. Steingrímur Oddmansson, Iceland 12.14

2004 Olympics Shot Put, Men

2. Sir Stafford Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia, 12.44m
3. Layden O'Sama, Islamic People's Republic of Registan 12.12m

Details of the women's long jump qualifying (qualifying distance 4.30 m) to follow...
At leaset we are all taking this with a grain of salt. I like the layout W.. 8)
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:05 pm

Let's wait for the next juicy headline-grabber, then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3210169.stm

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:03 pm

WLM wrote:Let's wait for the next juicy headline-grabber, then...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3210169.stm
They've been tipped off now though haven't they. I dont think doping is such a big issue in football. Take players like Maradona or Puskas for example, hardly the epitomy of fitness fanatics but two of the greatest players of all time. No drug on earth could make you play like them.

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:39 pm

Puskas was doing intravenous meta-oxy-goulashadine throughout his career, and washing it down with Egri Bikaver. Didn't you know?

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:01 pm

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:43 am

Leeds star Morris charged with rape:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/031119/325/eebtz.html