getting my wife

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
ajche

getting my wife

Post by ajche » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:05 pm

help guys?
I am a NON-EU citizen with a permanent residence permit here in Finland.I got married last June2006 in my home country.My wife is also a NON-EU citizen.We only live together whenever I have my holidays in our home country and that's around 2-3months a year.I registered my marriage at maistraati last week.

My goal is to get my wife to come here so we can be together. I have a place for us to live and I have a job that can fulfill the income requirements.

My biggest concern is that "WE ONLY LIVED TO TOGETHER DURING MY HOLIDAYS".Its like 2-3months a year for the past 2yrs.

I read from UVI website that "basis of family ties:must have lived together for at least two years."

Will our application for a residence permit on the basis of family ties be accepted or rejected?

thanks for your advice

[/b]

getting my wife

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

neil

Post by neil » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:29 pm

4-6 months together is not exactly close to 2 yrs -my reckoning is that is probably not sufficient for 'family ties'.

It is even a sticky one for Finns who have non-eu partners in the cases where they just want to try out living together (in Finland).

Even then if it is permitted, she will be locked right down as to what types of jobs she can and cannot do. A friend of mine put down Nanny in her application, and that is all she was allowed to do. In retrospect, she should have put down 'consultant' :lol:
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

sl

Re: getting my wife

Post by sl » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:14 pm

ajche wrote:help guys?
I am a NON-EU citizen with a permanent residence permit here in Finland.I got married last June2006 in my home country.My wife is also a NON-EU citizen.We only live together whenever I have my holidays in our home country and that's around 2-3months a year.I registered my marriage at maistraati last week.

My goal is to get my wife to come here so we can be together. I have a place for us to live and I have a job that can fulfill the income requirements.

My biggest concern is that "WE ONLY LIVED TO TOGETHER DURING MY HOLIDAYS".Its like 2-3months a year for the past 2yrs.

I read from UVI website that "basis of family ties:must have lived together for at least two years."

Will our application for a residence permit on the basis of family ties be accepted or rejected?

thanks for your advice

[/b]
Just try to apply.
As far as I know there should be set of factors for consulate to make decision. Official marriage is the main one.
2 year requirement is mandatory just in case of "civil marriage" without official registration by church or national register.
Bring you marriage certificate with apostile to consulate and it's likely everything should be Ok.

namaste

Post by namaste » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:06 pm

yes, just apply. if u can show in ur application that u have job and a house to live. i m sure they will allow her to cum.

bijay702

Post by bijay702 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:26 pm

From UVI:
1.Spouse or registered partner

A spouse may be granted a residence permit on the basis of family ties. A marriage certificate must be presented as proof of the marriage. The marriage must also be registered in Finland.

Persons of the same sex who have registered their partnership are considered spouses.

2.Cohabitant

A cohabitant can be granted a residence permit if

* the cohabitants have lived together for at least two years and can prove the cohabitation by presenting a lease agreement or other documentation
* or if the cohabitants have joint custody of a child, it is not required that the spouses have lived together for two years

If the cohabitants are registered and have their domicile in different states, live together only during holidays or trips, or keep switching between one another's country, this is not considered a sufficient definition of cohabitation. Cohabitants may not be married elsewhere.

Your case is clearly number 1, since you guys are married, what you are saying 2 years requirement is for cohabitant, the case number 2.

In case like this where a NON-EU citizen marries a NON-EU citizen, the only requirement UVI demands is a permanent job (usually never ending contract) for the sponsor-which is you, and as far as I understand from your post you should have a permanent job, plus if you have a permanent residentship you don't even need to have a permanent job to get your wife to Finland. Permanent residentship is enough to get your wife to Finland. You even have your own house, it's all good for you. Just file the application for your wife, I am more than sure she will get the residentship. Best of luck!

Peace,

mumboman

Post by mumboman » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:52 pm

so to further add to this question a question of my own along the same lines, I'm non EU with a Finnish girlfriend also considering marriage. I have a permanent work contract but it would be considered fragile, my work could end any day basically. She is a student, would I be able to reside in Finland if we we're married or should we be shopping around for a new country, that has work for me.