Bringing car from UAE to Finland

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Yanis65

Post by Yanis65 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:39 pm

Hello,

This my first post, and would like to say what a great forum, very informative, and helpful members.

My question is that I would like to bring a car to Finland next year from the UAE and I finding it difficult to buy the right model as the specs here are less than Finland.

Has anyone taken a car from here in the past or do you a way around it.
Or is it better to import one from europe to here and use it until the times to come to Finland. Any reputable dealers from Germany or Belgium?

I'm looking to Passat, Toyota or Volvo, Any recommendations?

Many thanks

Yanis

I

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:47 pm

It might be a better idea to buy a tax free car from Europe and then bring it in to Finland (I think the best tax free prices are from Finland and Denmark). We went down that route but it was 18 years ago (and we still have the car). It had Finnish tax free plates, then French plates, then Swiss plates before eventually coming back to Finland!!!

But you need to be using the car abroad for several months before you can bring it into Finland, and you would have to register it (ie import it) into your home country first to avoid Finnish tax.

Have you tried the search engine on this forum... there are LOTS of threads about importing cars and all the links are there.

Yanis65

Post by Yanis65 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:21 pm

Hi Penelope,

Thanks for the reply, I have been searching over the net but because of the specs as here the cars need good cooling system the opposite than europe were you need better heating system.

I knew that Danmark are cheap on tax free bur have no contacts, i will keep on searching.

Here we have to pay only 4% tax.

Thanks

Yanis

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:28 pm

I meant SEARCH on here.... on this forum.... At the top of the screen there is "Search" click on there and then plug in some key words.

eg:

this one or,

this one

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:15 pm

The thing with the specifications - if you buy say Volvo or M-B tax-free from Finland (with heating and AC), then get it delivered to UAE, and then re-import it back when you move... The tax-free price difference is still there, so cars are "cheap" in Finland. Just remember the rules so you don't get snagged by customs.
http://www.bilia.fi/sivut/Uudet%20autot ... topalvelut
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.