moving to turku in may

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
sokser

moving to turku in may

Post by sokser » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:33 am

Here's my situation. I'm from New York originally but am living in Shanghai right now as a manager at a business consulting company. My girlfriend of the past year or so is living in Turku and I'm moving to Turku in May to be closer to her. I am having problems with the best way to obtain the proper visas to go to Finland. My company is willing to allow me to work remotely from Finland. Unfortunatly since I will be neither self-employed or employed by a finnish employer I don't know how to go about this.

Both my girlfriend and I have agreed that marriage is not an option so I'm looking for other ways to file my application.

My means of support is of no issue and I can easily prove to the finnish government that I will have both enough money and medical insurance to support myself.

From mol.fi I found the following that directly applied to my situation for people who intend to work in finland but do not require a work visa:
According to section 79, subsection 5, subparagraph 2, of the Aliens Act, aliens whose employer or contractor has no office in Finland if they do market research, prepare for a company’s establishment in Finland, negotiate and acquire customer orders or supervise the fulfilment of orders or have other similar duties.
Does anyone know how long I can stay in finland on this?

I will have to frequently travel to New York and China on businees (every 4-6 weeks). Can I just keep entering on tourist visas?

Thanks for your help.

moving to turku in may

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic