Renewed residence permit...now Kela??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
2boys

Post by 2boys » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:27 am

Thanks for all the advice on renewing our residence permit. We arrived at Malmi 15 minutes before 0800 Monday morning. We were not the first in line but the wait was only minimal. We were also prepared with all the forms completed, passport photos (new requirement), copies of passports, and cash!

Now for my next question....the wait time could be as long as 6 months until we hear if our renewal is accepted. No reason it should not be since my husband is here on a work contract. Our problem is that our Kela benefits expire before that six month time (more like in a month)! We have heard that we can take the receipts to Kela that shows we have paid and requested a renewal. Then our benefits should also be extended.

Has anyone heard of this or actually done it before??

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

littlefrank

Post by littlefrank » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:06 am

My residency permit had run out, so obviously that got me in a panic , but a quick trip to Kela to explain the situation and everything was ok, I was still here in Finland, so still in the system. even though the permit took 5/6weeks to process. I'd been here 5 years though. So just do a check with Kela just to put your minds at rest.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949

daryl

Post by daryl » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Simply refer the KELA office to the last paragraph of section 40 and the last paragraph of section 81 of the Aliens Act.

'Nuff said.

daryl
Wo ai Zhong-guo ren