Empty Luton Van coming to Finland from UK June/July 2007

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
SaxonManFinland
Location: England. Peterborough North. The flowers of spring return, and hope lies eternal.

Post by SaxonManFinland » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:44 pm

I have a Luton van coming over at the end of June, early July. Bloody expensive and a long drive, but still the best way to collect my things. Any collection / Delivery to Imatra is more difficult than Outer Mongoliar it seems. Leaving from Central / Eastern England.

So for a bargain price I can get your things moved to Finland, and help reduce my costs. At least you know your stuff is safe and will arrive on time at an agreed place and you can sit in peace and quiet without hassle or worry.

Please PM me for details.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sinikala

Re: Empty Luton Van coming to Finland from UK June/July 2007

Post by sinikala » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:54 pm

SaxonManFinland wrote:I have a Luton van coming over at the end of June, early July. Bloody expensive and a long drive, but still the best way to collect my things. Any collection / Delivery to Imatra is more difficult than Outer Mongoliar it seems. Leaving from Central / Eastern England.

So for a bargain price I can get your things moved to Finland, and help reduce my costs. At least you know your stuff is safe and will arrive on time at an agreed place and you can sit in peace and quiet without hassle or worry.

Please PM me for details.
I find it hard to believe that this is your cheapest option.

Hertz van hire in Finland ... drive your stuff to the port...

Hand it over in Finland and collect it in the UK 4 or 5 days later.

Hertz van hire in England.

luoto

Post by luoto » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:03 am

YH PM

kirky

Post by kirky » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:02 pm

any chance you can bring me some bisto gravy
sex drugs and rock n roll

SaxonManFinland
Location: England. Peterborough North. The flowers of spring return, and hope lies eternal.

Post by SaxonManFinland » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:30 pm

Got loads here and OXO cubes, Suet and even real sausages, plus a load of Hot Cross Buns in the freezer......... :lol:

kirky

Post by kirky » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:27 pm

you have loads of bisto is it the type you just add water and you have instant gravy. if so i live in kouvola do you want to sell some. i miss my sunday roast with bisto

SaxonManFinland

Post by SaxonManFinland » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:15 pm

I will drop some off next time I pass your way. What would a roast be without Ahhhhhhhhhh Bisto !!!!

kirky

Post by kirky » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:49 pm

you are the man. my new best friend

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:31 pm

A packet of brown granuals and I'm anybody's........... :D
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

davin

what route?

Post by davin » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi saxon man,

Just out of interest what route are you taking? I have driven my van over a few times - just wondered if you have found a cheap route.
Used to do the Harwich hamburg bit- stopped now.
PS fancy a moving the contents of our mokki in savonlinna in July.
Payment strictly in lapin Kulta

SaxonManFinland

Post by SaxonManFinland » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:50 pm

Well some kind soul has recommended a guy from helsinki to ship out a 20ft container, and amazingly the chap actually replied, even called me, which is a definate first. 12 other "Requests" from the web have met with a stoney silence from Finnish O.Y's.

However until then the planned route was Harwich to Hook of Holland, Roskov to Helsink and then a little jaunt up the east coast. Including van hire in UK less than 1500 euro inc all exes.

Savonlinna is just a 1.5 hour drive north for me, I know it well because my wife is a member of the savonlinna / Imatra Orchestra and I drive it several times a tear. Nice place.