So goodbye then little blue monkey

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.

So goodbye then little blue monkey

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:15 pm

Didn't see that one coming:

It will mean Leeds, who are currently almost £80m in debt, will have stumped up £7m in compensation for managers after also sacking David O'Leary and Terry Venables in the last 20 months.

simon

Post by simon » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:00 am

He was always going to be aliability. He never did anything, OK he done well with Sunderland for one season, but that was really done to Phillips scoring ability and the mplaying rough long ball stuff.

Who is LU going to get now? There is a shortage of good managers about, all the names in the hat so far are not really established and are all potential to be good, but is that what Leeds wants. Its a shame that things have gone so bad for them I do have a soft spot for them and would love to see them do well again. Anyone remember Tony Curry? he used to play for them in the seventies I think and I still remember a goal he scored against I cant remember but I just remember the goal.

WHo is mad enough to go there???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 256715.stm

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:25 am

simon wrote:He never did anything, OK he done well with Sunderland for one season, but that was really done to Phillips scoring ability and the mplaying rough long ball stuff.
IIRC Manchester City never finished out of the top 6 with Reid as manager. Pig nose O lairy was the one to blame for Lids demise. And I have a lot of respect for him for that :wink:

simon

Post by simon » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:09 am

WHat does IIRC mean

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:55 am

simon wrote:WHat does IIRC mean
"If I recall correctly" City got relegated after sacking Reid :wink:

It would be a terrible shame to see Leeds in a similar plight :!:

Yeah right :wink:

brendan_uk

Post by brendan_uk » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:28 pm

He never did anything, OK he done well with Sunderland for one season, but that was really done to Phillips scoring ability and the mplaying rough long ball stuff.
Peter Reid’s record in the league with sunderland is very good. In his seven full seasons he finished as top of division one, followed by relegation in eighteenth, then play-off failure following a third place finish. Sunderland’s promotion as champions was followed by consecutive seventh place finishes – agonisingly close to European football – until nosedive to seventeenth and a last day reprieve from relegation.

add to this a his man city record and hes not a bad manager, not one to call on in a crisis though :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:34 pm

Simon wrote:Who is LU going to get now?
looks like Andy Gray may be the new lids boss :lol: 8)

brendan_uk

Post by brendan_uk » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:28 pm

Macy Gray has more chance

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:36 pm

brendan_uk wrote:Macy Gray has more chance
:lol: Well maybe Eddie Gray :wink: : Glen Hoddle would be my choice :wink:

brendan_uk

Post by brendan_uk » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:02 pm

Terry Vegetables for me

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:13 pm

Sven Göran Eriksson....he likes a challenge :lol: :lol:
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:37 pm

Helmi wrote:Sven Göran Eriksson....he likes a challenge :lol: :lol:
Yeah Sven's sure to turn down Chelsea's 20m contract for that :wink: If they're sensible they'll get George Graham or Gary McAllister.

Bryan Robson would probably take it but IMO he would take them down. Strachan would be crazy to swop Southampton for that.

I hope they take David O'Leary, Glen Hoddle or Terry Venables :wink: Guaranteed to take them down 8)

simon

Post by simon » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:29 am

brendan_uk wrote:Terry Vegetables for me
Now this is another way over rated manager :twisted: . So Brendan what has the biggest crook in football done, apart from ..... well I cant think of anything outstanding, no come to think of it he talks böllöx and tries to look good on TV. Bought Pompey for a quid then sold for 1/4 mill left them in a state. Had his bust up with Allan Sugar who told him to fook off. Owns a nightclub on the Kings road. Talks the talk but cant do the walk :wink:

simon

Post by simon » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:33 am

Ace wrote:
Helmi wrote:Sven Göran Eriksson....he likes a challenge :lol: :lol:
Yeah Sven's sure to turn down Chelsea's 20m contract for that :wink: If they're sensible they'll get George Graham or Gary McAllister.

Bryan Robson would probably take it but IMO he would take them down. Strachan would be crazy to swop Southampton for that.

I hope they take David O'Leary, Glen Hoddle or Terry Venables :wink: Guaranteed to take them down 8)
I dont think there is a decent manager about at the moment who would want that job. Who ever does take it would really be unproven in the PL.

How about John Barnes :lol: