Jermaine Defoe

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Jermaine Defoe

Post by Ace » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:29 pm

I just heard off a fairly reliable source that Defoe is OT bound. Only this on google news though:
Newcastle join Man Utd, Liverpool chase for West Ham's Defoe
tribalfootball.com - November 11, 2003

West Ham United boss Alan Pardew is considering cashing in on star striker Jermaine Defoe.
Pardew is concerned at the lack of quality he has available in defence and needs fresh funds to enter the transfer market.

Liverpool and Manchester United have both made the Hammers aware of their interest in Defoe, however the Daily Mail says Newcastle United boss Sir Bobby Robson is also keen on the young England prospect.

Jermaine Defoe

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:08 am

Saw much the same report yesterday on one of the football sites. Wouldnt surprise me though, he handed in his transfer request the day after WH went down then pulled it back after a bit of pressure due to bad timing.

Do MU need him? They already have 3 strikers and they have managed with 3 strikers for most of the 90's.

Oh well....... Not sure if WH will go up without him. Shame

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:42 am

simon wrote:Saw much the same report yesterday on one of the football sites. Wouldnt surprise me though, he handed in his transfer request the day after WH went down then pulled it back after a bit of pressure due to bad timing.

Do MU need him? They already have 3 strikers and they have managed with 3 strikers for most of the 90's.

Oh well....... Not sure if WH will go up without him. Shame
Yeah we need another Striker. Forlan is not good enough IMO even though he's hit form recently. Solskjaer is great but is better as a super sub rather than over 90 mins, and is getting on a bit. Bellion is a bit young. Personally I would like Schevchenko but don't think thats going to happen.

Real want Ruud but if they don't get him they're after Owen. If Owen goes there maybe Ronaldo might come to Old Trafford? (OK i'm dreaming :wink: )