Consumer rights info

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
raamv

Consumer rights info

Post by raamv » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:28 pm

http://www.kuluttajavirasto.fi/user/loa ... sp?id=5393

In the first instance, the consumer can demand that the defect be repaired or the product be replaced with one that has no defects. The seller is, however, entitled to repair the defect before delivering a non-defective product, if he can do it within a reasonable period of time, without cost to the buyer and so that the product does not depreciate in value. The repair or replacement of the product must be performed without any essential inconvenience to the buyer.
If it is not possible for the seller to repair the defect or to deliver a non-defective product, or if he does not perform this within reasonable time, the consumer can demand a reduction in price or cancellation of the whole deal.

AND
According to this:
The Directive on Sale of Consumer Goods and Guarantees: If a product you buy does not conform to the agreement you made with the seller at the time of purchase, you can take it back and have it repaired or replaced. Alternatively, you can ask for a price reduction, or a complete refund of your money. This applies for up to two years after you take delivery of the product.
Edit: To clean up some spaces to reduce confusion..
Last edited by raamv on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Consumer rights info

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

maxxfi

Re: Consumer rights info

Post by maxxfi » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:50 pm

raamv wrote: and also this:
According to this:
Something missing here? :wink:
Maxxfi

Jussi

Post by Jussi » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:42 am

maxxfi wrote:
raamv wrote: and also this:
According to this:
Something missing here? :wink:
I think he is referring to the link just below...
But what shall it profit a people if they satisfy all material desires, but leave for their children nothing, only a wasteland.

janiheis

Post by janiheis » Sat May 19, 2007 2:22 pm

This applies for up to two years after you take delivery of the product.

There is NO time limitation in Finnish legislation - compensation etc. due during the reasonable lifetime of the product - however the consumer may be required to document and prove that a 'manufacturer's defect' (valmistusvirhe) is the underlying cause of the 'problem'

guilinfd

Post by guilinfd » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:16 pm

great, consumers here are more lucky then in china, and any other country. i think

Annaleewe

Post by Annaleewe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:54 pm

***BLURP***

Ciprian

Post by Ciprian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:43 pm

how about if you buy a...

webcam that says 2MPs on the box, but it's at most doing some 900x700 pixels
should one fight/complain to the reseller or the actual manufacturer?

problem is the webcam meets all the other printed specs, but not the 2MPs bragged all around the box [damn]

Marié

Post by Marié » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:10 am

Ciprian: You can return the product to where you purchased it if it is not as advertised, as long as you do it within a month (as I recall) of noticing the problem. They may say they cannot take it back but be insistent. :) I've had some problems with faulty products and quite recently, I fought over a digi-box for months just as a matter of principle (but I won!), so Kuluttajavirasto became quite familiar to me. :D (So if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. :))
Very nearly almost.

chandusingh

Post by chandusingh » Fri May 23, 2008 9:24 pm

hi

How does it works with the housing, if there are some internal problems from the past and has not been notified by the seller and how will be responsible when i notice the problem. And i hope that what ever the construction or renovation that will be done in the past would have been done according to the finnish regulations. And if that has not been met and the seller has sold the house to some one. How should take care and responsible for the defect.

Please help me if some one know more about or has faced similar kind of problem i can explain in details what i am been facing now in my recent purchase of the house.

Thanks & Regards

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun May 25, 2008 9:21 am

Well consumer laws don't cover private people, so for house defects you need to pursuit your own case. Theres statutes on "faults" and hidden faults, but it is the buyers responsibility to find things out also.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

donald

Re:

Post by donald » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:15 pm

janiheis wrote:
This applies for up to two years after you take delivery of the product.

There is NO time limitation in Finnish legislation - compensation etc. due during the reasonable lifetime of the product - however the consumer may be required to document and prove that a 'manufacturer's defect' (valmistusvirhe) is the underlying cause of the 'problem'
So, how defines what the reasonable lifetime of a product is? I have not met a neat bluetooth handsfree set that lasts longer than 7 months, whereas the warranty is 6 months.... What can I do when it is out of warranty? If the consumer agency says the expected lifetime of a mobile phone is 2 (read: two) years, I guess we have bad odds when it comes to additional equipment. When one needs a bluetooth handsfree set every day, it won't last a year.

I think the manufacturers should have to inform for how many hours of active use their products are designed.

andyfinland

Post by andyfinland » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm

This is not the case with Verkkokauppa. I had a nasty shock the other day when I went to collect a 500GB lacie drive that stopped working on my pc after 2 days of purchasing it.

They will charge you 49.90 if they don't find a problem with a product under warranty!!

I collected the drive and the guy behind the counter explained that they found no fault with it. Ok fair enough, hoping it wasn't going to be one of those eternal intimitent problems. I was just about to leave and he said - 'that will be 19.90'. Rather atonished with the offer, I replied 'I'm not paying you anything, its under warranty'. To which he replied, 'well I can charge you 49.90' and pointed to a poster on the wall behind a pile of rubbish. I replied, 'where did you agree that when I bought this drive and why didn't you tell me that when I took it in for repair?'. Of course he didn't make the rules. I didn't find any mention of it on the receipt.

Well, I went to walk out to which I heard 'if you walk out it will be a crime' - what I thought, was he threatening me with legal action? I had to think how long it would take to wait for the security guards, then the police, make a statement etc. I'd been waiting 45min just to get served.

Well I had little choice, so paid with Visa (which I will raise an issue with Visa about) and complain later.

Fortunately they are on a Helsinki Sanomat blacklist

So, my advice is think twice before you buy anything from them and think trice when returning anything under warranty. Who knows what they did or didn't do.

The silly thing is that the drive cost 60 and the collection fee is 50 - go figure

dankoliver

Post by dankoliver » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:48 pm

I can confirm that. Don't buy anything at Verkkokauppa unless you really want some bad trouble.
I bought an iPod radio there which turned out to be not properly working - I couldn't receive a single channel it didn't matter where I was or what I tried.
So I thought I could just bring it back and get a refund, but boy was I wrong!
They explained me that I couldn't return it because I had opened the package.
Well, of course I did open the package, how else could I have found out that the device wasn't working?
Anyway, they forced me to accept that they would try to repair it.
When I went in again about two months later to pick up the repaired device, I was told that it would work fine for them so there would be no need to repair anything.
Since then I'm happy owner of an iPod radio which is not working at all and did cost me 50 € plus going there 4 times and waiting two months...

TERI

Post by TERI » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:42 pm

You can open the package, but it has to be whole and unspoiled (not teared, scratched) and you have to have the receipt of course.

fatherchristmas

Post by fatherchristmas » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:35 am

I suppose my 1MB Elisa 3G that is constantly at 5KB/s should be covered by this then.