How do I move sucessfully to Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.

How hard is it for Americans to move to Finland

EXTREMLY HARD
13%
HARD
60%
MEDIUM
13%
EASY
13%

Total votes: 15

turbodank23

Post by turbodank23 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:58 pm

Can anyone please send me info on how to live and work in Finland sucessfully. I have visited Finland 2 times to see my girlfriend and I plan on moving there in the next 1-2 years. I have all my applications as far as work permit, residence permit and visa application. I only need to fill them out and send them. I am having trouble finding a job if you have any job openings or know of any please contact me at [email protected] thank you in advance Daniel Elder

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:49 pm

Depending on what field you're working in you might encounter problems in finding a job here before you move.
You mention the scheduled date of moving will be in 1-2 years.
I advise you to start studying Finnish very hard and try to be so advanced in Finnish that by the time you come here you're able to communicate in Finnish.
That will majorly increase your chances of finding a job.

neil

Post by neil » Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:06 am

A tip from me: I advise you to buy an as expensive-as-you-can-afford car and own it from >6 (or is it 12?) months before you come here.

Once you are here, the savings will speak for themselves.

As for moving here, probably getting married in the US then appying to move here will drop the level of difficulty quite significantly and will also open up other benefits to you once you are here.

Some of the guys on this board who have already made the move will be able to provide you with useful shipping info and contacts.

Of course good planning is essential though.
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:41 pm

The expensive-as-you-can-afford going hand in hand a-model-sold-here-with-same-specifications-or else-you cannot-afford-to-get-fixed
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.