Scots beat Holland

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Scots beat Holland

Post by Ace » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:57 pm

Surprised me anyway :wink:

Wales get a useful draw in Moscow too.

Could England Scotland and Wales all make it to Portugal next year? Will British clubs get banned from competing abroad for five years after if they do? :wink:

Can Portugal cope with that many British football fans?

I reckon the Welsh will make it, but I reckon Scotland will get hammered in Holland :cry:

Scots beat Holland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2003 7:09 pm

WAAAAAAA!!!!

NOT good!
If those stupidly overpaid Dutch ballkickers don't make it through the play offs, they're going to miss a second big tournament in a row!
That's good for the Dutch reputation :evil:

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:29 pm

Arno wrote:WAAAAAAA!!!!

NOT good!
If those stupidly overpaid Dutch ballkickers don't make it through the play offs, they're going to miss a second big tournament in a row!
That's good for the Dutch reputation :evil:
Too many good players spoil the broth or something :roll: :?: :wink: actually your defence isn't so great these days, on paper your midfield and attack is unbelieveable.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:03 pm

Yeah, that is if all would want to play for what they are paid.

The problem is that they are all stubborn and arrogant individuals without any nationalism.
They get paid in Spain and England and who-knows-where. The national team is only something on the side.

Where is the honor of playing for the national team?

It sucks...

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:45 pm

Rafael van der Vaart played (as a sub) he's some home grown dutchman :wink:

Strange Van Bronckhorst played and Seedorf (3 times European Cup Winner) was a substitute. Should have played Hasselbaink with Nistelrooy instead of Kluivert (A stubborn and arrogant individual if ever I saw one :wink: ) IMO

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:14 pm

Indeed, indeed... Kluivert should be put on permanent reserve. Arrogant he is, definately.

Seedorf as reserve is an obvious choice, since he's proven to be an instable player in the past, regardless his gained prizes (that was more a club-achievement than an individual one).

Hasselbainck and Van Nistelrooy are good combination.
And we need to have ofcourse Van Hooijdonk.
And unfortunately Overmars doesn't seem to be in the right shape at the moment. He always was a trustworthy player...

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:34 pm

Arno wrote:And we need to have ofcourse Van Hooijdonk.
Yep him and van der Vaart should play from the start.
Arno wrote:And unfortunately Overmars doesn't seem to be in the right shape at the moment. He always was a trustworthy player...
The flying dutchman :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:13 am

Why is it that everybody but the coach sees how it needs to be done? :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:59 am

Arno wrote:Why is it that everybody but the coach sees how it needs to be done? :wink:
:lol: Armchair coaches me and you Arno :wink: maybe we don't know who's injured who's got an attitude problem with player x,y,z etc :wink: I know Nistelrooy and Bergkamp don't get on but Bergkamp wasn't in the squad I don't think.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:24 am

Ace wrote:
Arno wrote:Why is it that everybody but the coach sees how it needs to be done? :wink:
:lol: Armchair coaches me and you Arno :wink: maybe we don't know who's injured who's got an attitude problem with player x,y,z etc :wink: I know Nistelrooy and Bergkamp don't get on but Bergkamp wasn't in the squad I don't think.
All players x,y,z have an attitude problem :lol:
Bergkamp used to be in the squad. Things turned REALLY bad when he wasn't anymore.
At least HE knew what he was doing... He seems to be one of the very few people on the Dutch team in the past years who actually played soccer because he liked playing soccer and not because he got a sh*tload of money and was therefore more or less obligated to come.

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:28 am

Arno wrote:Bergkamp used to be in the squad. Things turned REALLY bad when he wasn't anymore. At least HE knew what he was doing... He seems to be one of the very few people on the Dutch team in the past years who actually played soccer because he liked playing soccer and not because he got a sh*tload of money and was therefore more or less obligated to come.
Yep but he's the "Non flying Dutchman" :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:53 am

Owwell... Let's hope they come to their senses before the next play-off match.
Try to save us from more embarrassment... :evil:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:04 am

One of my Danish colleages (who is obviuosly and Shakespear buff and also a soccer fan) just sent me an e-mail..
"There is something rotten in the state of Denmark!"
:roll:
The English football team! :twisted:

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:15 pm

The Danes can have the friendlies. We'll win the games that matter.

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:32 pm

Barcelona striker Patrick Kluivert has described himself as the "complete footballer" :lol:

What a c*** Kluivert is :lol:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/december/ ... 21203.html