Rivaldo heading for Chelsea?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:35 am

Well he is leaving Milan and needs somewhere to go..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 250004.stm
Liverpool also possible..but..My bet is Barcelono..

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Re: Rivaldo heading for Chelsea?

Post by Ace » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:19 am

Peter Floyd wrote:My bet is Barcelono..
Surely not after he was sold to Milan from there? Oh well its a possibility. I think he will head to England for a payday at Chelsea :!:

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:06 pm

... or Man Utd...

Liverpool would never pay his wages (90k a week?)

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:27 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:... or Man Utd...
I've been told Utd were offered him in the summer and turned him down he was asking £120,000 a week :lol: We tend to sell players of that age and buy younger ones anyway. I can't see him coming to Old Trafford!

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:06 pm

To be honest I can't see anyone being too keen on him really, unless he reduces his wage demands.

He's also really getting himself a reputation as a bit of prima-donna. The Chris Eubank of footer (always talks about himself in the third person).

Also, Man U (the rumour in todayay's papers) don't have a need for an attacking midfielder/link striker (already have Scholes, Ronaldo, Giggs, Wee Paper Boy), they could do with someone to partner RVN. Chelsea don't really have any need for anyone.

Out of the names mentioned Barca and Liverpool have the most need for a player of his type, but Houllier wouldn't want the superstar attitude. So maybe Barca?

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:08 pm

... unless Roman Abramavitch (how the @#$% do you spell that?) wants a new toy...

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:18 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:Out of the names mentioned Barca and Liverpool have the most need for a player of his type, but Houllier wouldn't want the superstar attitude. So maybe Barca?
I think Houllier will be collecting his P45 next summer ;-) How many games from greatness this season :?: :lol:

There is no room at Barca for Rivaldo anymore Kluiverts head is taking up all the space in the Nou Camp :wink:

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:04 pm

But I thought Paddy K had decided he might leave in January? Didn't he say before a home game a couple of weeks ago that if the crowd cheered his name he'd stay, if they booed he'd leave?

I'd quite like Ged to get Rivaldo by using Heskey as a part exchange in the deal.

(yeah I know Rivaldo will be a free agent, but I still mean what I say! :twisted: )

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:56 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:I'd quite like Ged to get Rivaldo by using Heskey as a part exchange in the deal.
Your going to need Heskey with the Welsh dwarf off to Real (he's not signed that contract yet has he :?: :wink: ) And Steeevie Gerrard moving on to bigger and better things :wink: . Plastic trebles don't win themselves you know :wink:

Slothrop

Post by Slothrop » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:17 am

Certainly not much chance of YOUR lot getting a plastic treble this year, Mr. Ace. As he's probably a betting man, what with his interest in the gee-gees, I do hope Purple-Face had a few bob on West Brom tonight.

Then again, maybe Ladbrokes pulled the fixture when they saw the team-sheet he'd put out. Shades of the great Finnish baseball scam... :)

Not a very good 4th round for the Manchester/Liverpool axis - everyone got stuffed. Still, at least we SCORED. But where was Sami?
"Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available" (Benford's Law of Controversy)

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:03 am

WLM wrote:Certainly not much chance of YOUR lot getting a plastic treble this year, Mr. Ace. As he's probably a betting man, what with his interest in the gee-gees, I do hope Purple-Face had a few bob on West Brom tonight.

Then again, maybe Ladbrokes pulled the fixture when they saw the team-sheet he'd put out. Shades of the great Finnish baseball scam... :)

Not a very good 4th round for the Manchester/Liverpool axis - everyone got stuffed. Still, at least we SCORED. But where was Sami?
Oh well its only the Worthless ;-) Good question about Hyypiä though, not even a sub and no mention of injury AFAIK :!:

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:05 am

Yes, the Lil' Mick contract situation does make me distinctly nervous, but I think we have been over-reliant on him in recent years. During the Cup Treble (I wouldn't call it a plastic treble, but I would agree that it was a treble rather than the treble) season he was absolutely the best striker in Europe. Right now he's in a pack chasing Thierry Henry for that honour.

But, I think if he does go it will be because we don't get in the Champions League (again) and therefore he'll be going at the same time as Ged. We have a couple of players in Pongolle and Baros who could blossom. Cisse is on the way. Who knows, the new guy might even get the best out of Emile? Plus we'd have 20 million quid to spend on new talent. It might all work out OK.

However, Stevie G aint going anywhere, of that I'm 100% sure.

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:21 am

Grr two scouse fans on here and neither of them take the bait ;-) Wheres Matty the city fan when you need him? (oh yeah Donald banned him :? )

simon

Post by simon » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:31 am

It must be only a matter of time before Houllie goes. Too many seasons under achieving, but who would they have in his place ? big nose P Neal perhaps.

I think it would be a shame if Owen goes, but maybe his time has come. They wont make CL this season again

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:36 am

simon wrote:big nose P Neal perhaps
Pinnochio would be my choice, he plays a flat back 10 though doesn't he :!:

Funny chant at a recent Utd Liverpool game by the United fans

"Get your nostrils off the pitch"
"Get your nostrils off the pitch"
:wink:
Last edited by Ace on Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.