I see Specsavers came to Finland (no pun intended) ;)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
neil

Post by neil » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:59 pm

...prices look interesting too.

http://www.specsavers.fi

Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Matula

Post by Matula » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:31 pm

9 euros for specs seems reasonable. :shock:

raamv

Post by raamv » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:17 am

Matula wrote:9 euros for specs seems reasonable. :shock:
Well alkaen!!! remember!!

sammy

Post by sammy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:09 am

Matula wrote:9 euros for specs
Presenting the choice of models in that price category:

Karhunkoski

Post by Karhunkoski » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:47 am

Prediction: Specsavers will compete fiercely on price for a couple of years in key population centres. Sales at Silmäasema will tumble. Specsavers will launch a takeover, picking up new outlets in the process.
Political correctness is the belief that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

neil

Post by neil » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Karhunkoski wrote:Prediction: Specsavers will compete fiercely on price for a couple of years in key population centres. Sales at Silmäasema will tumble. Specsavers will launch a takeover, picking up new outlets in the process.
...and then most likely afterwards they'll jack their prices back up (just like most of the other foreign companies do).
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

sammy

Post by sammy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:43 pm

neil wrote:
Karhunkoski wrote:Prediction: Specsavers will compete fiercely on price for a couple of years in key population centres. Sales at Silmäasema will tumble. Specsavers will launch a takeover, picking up new outlets in the process.
...and then most likely afterwards they'll jack their prices back up (just like most of the other foreign companies do).
...and then the public develops a bad case of Specs Aversion, wishing for another budget company to come to the rescue? Oh well, let's see how they'll manage.

Cod

Post by Cod » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:29 pm

..I was in Specsavers the other day and guess who I bumped into?

Everyone, cos it hadn't picked up my presription yet :D

Alicia

Post by Alicia » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:32 am

I went to spec savers about a month ago. They charged 20 euro for the eye test (most places don't charge if you then buy glasses from there). Then the price of the glasses was ok. But when they arrived, the frames on one pair were damaged. They said that they weren't, then everyone in the whole shop had to come and give their opinion on them. They looked second hand, the frames were all scratched and buffed up. Didn't look good at all. The other pair were ok, and I am happy with them. The damaged pair (more expensive pair) though, I have waited almost three weeks to get them back, and they said that it would be a rush job and it would take 1 to 1.5 weeks to get them back. Then they wouldn't give me a receipt that I had paid for the glasses and didn't have them. They said that they knew that they had sent them back and they don't have such a system. So I got the woman to sign and date that she had sent them back.

The glasses are made in England, not Estonia as I had guessed.

Considering that fashions change, I don't mind paying less for the frames than I would else where, but then I would like to have the glasses that I paid for and a little bit better service.

sammy

Post by sammy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 am

cow-heada wrote:..I was in Specsavers the other day and guess who I bumped into?

Everyone, cos it hadn't picked up my presription yet :D
So you think you don't need glasses?

Okay let's try the new chart then... read them aloud loud...
Optician wrote:I can't see anything

I can't see anything

I can't see anything

I can't see anything

I can't see anything