Saul Treger Finnish Employment Teaching/Audio Engineering

Useful advice on jobs, careers and entrepreneurship in Finland. Find job postings, job information, work permits and more.
mcmcmcmc5

Post by mcmcmcmc5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Saul Treger
Kellokoski
Tel: 044 951 3729

I am looking for work as a Native English language teacher or Audio Engineer. I have experience working in recording studios in England and have worked with artists who have songs placed with Metallica and Guns and Roses. I am an expert Pro-Tools operative. I have experience teaching fisrt year BSc Audio Engineering.

I have stumbled across your website and hope that one of you guys may be able to offer me advice on gaining employment in Finland as either an Audio Engineer or Native English Language Teacher

I am goiing to be living in Finland for the forseable future and am available to work imediatley.

My CV is available on request.

Saul Treger
:D

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:09 pm

Music industry in Finland is a very closed circle. I don't I've never even seen any such positions being advertised. The key to employment in the music industry is networking and networking, and for that you need to be here. Unfortunately you won't be able to network in Kellokoski, but that would happen either on internet (for which you need Finnish for) or you have to be present and active in the bigger cities for making a living by doing it.

Lot of music here are semi-pros, since it's hard to make a living with music in Finland, unless you get really lucky. And with the rise of PC/Mac systems, everyone now thinks they can mix and produce.

So be prepared to bring a lot of savings with you, since it will take time for you to gain that type of employment in here.
Get in there...

mcmcmcmc5

Post by mcmcmcmc5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:16 pm

Thankyou for your reply.

I understand that as in Engalnd, the Finnish music industry is quite a closed circle.

I have landed one job engineering for a high profile client over here, but would prefer a more stable income. I think I should re-prioritise my above post and explain again that I am looking for Audio Engineering work and/or English teaching work.

Regards,

Saul.
:D

cwcnow

Post by cwcnow » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:25 pm

Where in Finland will you be living?

You can check out the following sites:

http://www.mol.fi
http://www.aarresaari.net/english/

Sometimes there are English teaching jobs listed there. Be prepared to freelance only as there are few full-time EFL teaching positions available.

mcmcmcmc5

Post by mcmcmcmc5 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Thankyou, I live in Kellokoski, about 20 minutes from Helsinki