Sonera, Elisa of DNa? Peronal Mobile subscription

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:14 am

I know its forbidden..but I ve had a private mobile phone along with ma SO and it costs us an average of €50 p.m.
I am currently striking deals with al of above 3 ...Sonera ( my current), Elisa and Dna..
anyone know who gives the best deals? I have so far received the best offer from Elisa...
2 N95s with 2 different subscriptions ,no transfer fee for old no. from Sonera and 2 year contract for less than €75 ( 400minutes on 1 phone with 300 text msgs with 25M data..and 0 minutes on 2nd phone with 50 messages text with 25M data)..
Any other suggestions? what do you use ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:15 am

Oh and yes, we get 2 N95s..

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:16 am

have you tried this... http://www.vertaa.fi/3g/
Get in there...

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:23 am

mCowboy wrote:have you tried this... http://www.vertaa.fi/3g/
I aint trying to buy a phone but a subscription..and more than vertaa..the individual web pages give better deals..but the more than those individual web pages..I get the best outta a rep..They are able to adjust some of them..at least the Elisa cust. rep said that..but have not received an offer yet..but then Its a question of trying the right agent..
:roll: :wink:

hmmm THanx for that link..I ve not tired Saunalahti..oh.but it belongs to Elisa..
Well Elisa is currently havin the best deal...but do you know of any tha can beat Elisa ??

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:27 am

dunno, but there's a new kid on the block...

http://www.gsm-suomi.fi/yksityisasiakkaat/

and you can use http://www.vertaa.fi/gsm to check just the contracts.
Get in there...

raamv

Post by raamv » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:42 am

mCowboy wrote:dunno, but there's a new kid on the block...

http://www.gsm-suomi.fi/yksityisasiakkaat/

and you can use http://www.vertaa.fi/gsm to check just the contracts.
Thanx Mccowby!!!
Saw gsm-suomi.. but currently we dont have a contract and are spending unnecessarily on a sunbscription that can be negotiated..and i was thinking that it could be 2 N95 phones for 2 years( for around €75 p.m) as comapred to €50 we pay per month..currently..

jazzori

About DNA..

Post by jazzori » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:54 am

Hei, guys... new here..

I was looking for something else when i saw your topic. That reminded me i had Sonera for some time, nothing to complain about it,... except the costs, eg. for text messages, which i considered pretty high. So i asked around and i came to the conclusion that DNA prepaid is cheaper, therefore better (i thought). Now, i am on DNA, but i have a "liiiiittle" problem with it: i can't send or recieve text messages to and from abroad -- Romania, in my case.

Does anyone have an idea what's this all about? Is it a DNA-thinggie or it's just an error which can be fixed?

Thanks!

mCowboy

Re: About DNA..

Post by mCowboy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:26 pm

jazzori wrote:Hei, guys... new here..

I was looking for something else when i saw your topic. That reminded me i had Sonera for some time, nothing to complain about it,... except the costs, eg. for text messages, which i considered pretty high. So i asked around and i came to the conclusion that DNA prepaid is cheaper, therefore better (i thought). Now, i am on DNA, but i have a "liiiiittle" problem with it: i can't send or recieve text messages to and from abroad -- Romania, in my case.

Does anyone have an idea what's this all about? Is it a DNA-thinggie or it's just an error which can be fixed?

Thanks!
Might be to do with your prepaid thing... check with DNA customer service.
Get in there...

raamv

Post by raamv » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:18 pm

hmmm I didnt get the offer from Elisa yet...but as far as I found out, the Telephone operators who you call for the offers are not allowed to negotiate or give any bargains...BUT the mymmalat ( or the stores) that you go to and bargain, those people are able to make offers cos they have a sepcial access to some of the offers...
/me get ma old phone...but still goin to the Mymmmalat

bevanrl

Re: About DNA..

Post by bevanrl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:40 pm

jazzori wrote:Hei, guys... new here..
i can't send or recieve text messages to and from abroad -- Romania, in my case.

Thanks!
it depends on the roaming agreement the operator has- this isn't just relevant when YOU go abroad, but also if you want to send sms to someone abroad while you are in Finland.

Sonera and Elisa have the most number of roaming contracts. The other operators are worse. Some of the minor operators partner with other european operators and send their SMS via them but then things can get complicated and messed up (like receiving the same SMS from a friend in Finland 10x while I was in UK).

UKLFC

Post by UKLFC » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:45 pm

Best ones I've found so far are DNA, which my other half uses and has no problems contacting me on. It's got pretty good international rates, he used to stick 50 on every month and be able to use his phone the whole month getting hold of me. Sonera seem to be a pretty good network, theyre the company my provider has a roaming contract with, and I always get a decent signal even in the middle of the woods. Highly useful when they dont have the little man and woman pictures on the loos and you need to go!

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:35 am

Hei!

I've got my problem stated above some while ago solved. And that's: changing prepaid.
DNA has contracts with only two mobile phone service providers in Romania, that's Orange Romania and Cosmote, I think, so that explained the fact that i couldn't send nor recieve SMS-es from Ro.

This time, before changing my prepaid kortti, I called to the provider and i chose Elisa.
Free your mind and the rest will follow!