jobs

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
princessadubi

jobs

Post by princessadubi » Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:19 pm

hello my name is princess and i have lived in finland for more than five years and i will like to get a job in helsinki or kouvola area. my main concern is to work in the supermarkets or any other thing that can keep me busy and get me the cash

thanks again for your help

regards princess

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU TODAY

jobs

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Sara

Post by Sara » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:45 pm

well a few things

1) where do you live now?
2) can you speak finnish?
3) do you have any work experience?

you can check out the website http://www.mol.fi for job listings if you can navigate round the Finnish, check local papers and Helsingin Sanomat Sunday edition has jobs in it. Other than that, perhaps just send in your CV to the local supermarkets and smaller shops.

Ace

Re: jobs

Post by Ace » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:12 pm

princessadubi wrote:hello my name is princess and i have lived in finland for more than five years and i will like to get a job in helsinki or kouvola area. my main concern is to work in the supermarkets or any other thing that can keep me busy and get me the cash

thanks again for your help

regards princess
Strange You and Irish Student share an IP address. Strange combo that isn't it? Like Potatoes and Camels :wink: Or are you both Kymenlaakso Polytechnic students?

princessadubi

Post by princessadubi » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:16 am

thank you for u help but i think i have tried all of thoes addresses b4 and its not helping, wel i think is b´cuz of someother reason.

and for olli we do have the same address cuz we are all form the same skool and, happen to share the same student appartment, cant u see the difference of the haus numbers maybe u shld tak a gud look

i can speak finnish that is not a problem at all but i tot u might be able help wid something else thanx anyway i do appreciate alot

tots

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:10 pm

Oh sorry for my inquisitive nature :wink:

Try some of the links on our links forum too. Some people have been succesful through them.

good luck

princessadubi

Post by princessadubi » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:16 pm

i dnt mean it like that i just tot it will be clear to tell u the whole story but anyway it was nice to meet u too am new here and dnt understand the site much so i will need some bit of help if u dnt mine

thanx olly

sori i mis-spell ur name the first time

tots princess

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:21 pm

I mean we all type here drunk every now and then, but I do not think you get too many sensible answers if you write like a retarded swede on acid - especially if you do that in job applications :mrgreen:

o7HerW1se the pHr33x w1L g3t L337!!!111!!!
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

princessadubi

Post by princessadubi » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:30 pm

hello Hank that is really nice of u, if u refering to me. i dnt wana be rude but i think u running ur tongue too much on this site. this mgs is only effective if u were talking to me, but if not then am sori. i only need help thats why i came here.

tots

Sara

Post by Sara » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:33 pm

princessadubi wrote:hello Hank that is really nice of u, if u refering to me. i dnt wana be rude but i think u running ur tongue too much on this site. this mgs is only effective if u were talking to me, but if not then am sori. i only need help thats why i came here.

tots
Actually Hank is a moderator and he is right! (which means be nice to him!)

Not many people care to read text speak.

If you want help then perhaps write nicely and loose the attitude!

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:37 pm

princessadubi wrote: sori i mis-spell ur name the first time

tots princess
I seemed to see a lot more than Olle name miss spelt...then someone told me it is "the IN www code with the teen scene..get with it man" :roll:
But why should I :?: ..old bad tempered rag bags like me dont understand this www teenage code..so we dont bother trying to read it.. :cry: .I suspect potential employers who snoop in here are also impatient...so perhaps you miss getting some help... :shock:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:54 pm

princessadubi wrote:u running ur tongue
BLRRRRRRRTTTTT
Cheers, Hank W.

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:59 pm

u n00b5, g3t w1th th3 l33t pr0gr4m

5h335h

Donald

Post by Donald » Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:09 pm

Hey Tots,

May God bless you too! I have to agree with the previous speakers. My twin brother in the USA writes like that and it's a horrible way to communicate. This medium is a single dimension medium (thank God for the one who invented emotioncons) and can be very easily misunderstood at times what one intended or tried to say. When you break it down to abbreviation, creative new linguistics and attitude, it can create a sort of chaos..anarchy..here. It will do wonders for your English literacy and fluency to spell it all out for us. Plus, as a previous writer stated, a potential employer and/or someone who could referr you to an openning within their company wants to see that one is literate enough in the language to stake their reputation on you. Please, don't take offense at what we are trying to say. We are only trying to help you and coming here as a non native, you will need all the friends you can find. We are here for you but please enough of the internet ebonics (don't worry about spelling mistakes because we all make them, even Hank), it doesn't work here for us or for you. :) Again, may the Lord shine his good graces on you and all of us here! :wink:

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:06 pm

Esther is blessing us enough today.
Cheers, Hank W.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:35 pm

meenfreem wrote:u n00b5,
There is a webpage that has a youth-friendly translator.

http://www.geocities.com/mnstr_2000/translate.html

h@v3 PHUn
Cheers, Hank W.