How did you discover Finland Forum??

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.

New users ONLY... How did you discover Finland Forum

I've been a user for more than 4 months now.
6%
From a friend or existing user
13%
From a business card I received
0%
From Google or Yahoo!
53%
From a search engine (other than Google or Yahoo!)
3%
From 'finland.org'
2%
From 'uranusfin.com'
3%
From another website (please tell us from which website)
7%
Other (please tell us below)
3%
Not Sure/Can't Remember
5%
From the Learn Finnish online program
4%
From a Nokia related website
1%

Total votes: 916

norwich

Re: How did you discover Finland Forum??

Post by norwich » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:36 am

Rob A. wrote: But I've been in the forum long enough now I can pretty well predict which posts are going to provoke Hank....
So the problem is with the members who were not cautious enough not to provoke Hank.. good god Rob..
Rob A. wrote: And, of course, if you really find someone else's post annoying, you can decide not to read it or just turn off the computer and go do something else...
The same goes for Hank.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rob A.

Post by Rob A. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:25 am

norwich wrote:
Rob A. wrote: But I've been in the forum long enough now I can pretty well predict which posts are going to provoke Hank....
So the problem is with the members who were not cautious enough not to provoke Hank.. good god Rob..
Rob A. wrote: And, of course, if you really find someone else's post annoying, you can decide not to read it or just turn off the computer and go do something else...
The same goes for Hank.
:lol: :lol: ....I think I've just received a lesson in Finnish female logic... :)

I'm not sure I totally follow... If someone says Finnish males are "this that and the other"; that Finns should learn English because foreigners might be inconvenienced, otherwise; that Finns need to change the way they do things because that's how the "smart" people do it some where else... Now if I were a Finn I would react negatively...

And I've seen the exact same sorts of things in Canada... Though I do notice these days no one seems to react much anymore... I think foreigners are just ignored if they criticize things... Maybe Hank will eventually learn that tactic too... :) :)

But, foreigners...whether it's Finland or Canada ...it's a complex subject, and I'm tired and, well....Hyvää Yötä!!!...... :) :)

Travmies

Post by Travmies » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:45 am

Don't worry everyone; living next door to Hank must be a laugh a minute.

Having a leery @#$% living next door always creates problems, but maybe when it comes down to it, its easy to be an angry old man on this forum than with your neighbours who might just slap him once or twice.

Or maybe he is a sad old bastard that his neighbours find sad and drunk on his doorstep.

We can only imagine the secret life of Hank W……
:lol:
Do more to help yourself: https://steven-jackson.com/

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Actually it was just last Friday there was some neighbours guy snoring under the stairs with some rat-pooch in tow... upscale ghetto life.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

USMC-Wife

Post by USMC-Wife » Wed May 07, 2008 4:22 am

Well, for reasons I will leave unmentioned here, I Googled Alexis Kouros, and that lead me here. And I'm glad as I have found a wealth of information here preparing myself and my husband to move to Finland soon.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Wed May 07, 2008 9:41 am

USMC-Wife wrote:Well, for reasons I will leave unmentioned here, I Googled Alexis Kouros, and that lead me here.
:lol:

markbigb

Post by markbigb » Wed May 07, 2008 6:34 pm

I think location of the various entrance exams should be made known to the applicant as they apply to curtail inconvenience such as eg. one may be in Ghana and may be asked to go all the way to Aboja in Nigeria to write the entrance exams, No, this is not fresh at all, something should be done about this as quickly as possible. thank you

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Wed May 07, 2008 8:01 pm

:?

This HAS to be one of the best threads on the forum :D

Jemi

Post by Jemi » Tue May 13, 2008 6:35 pm

If I remember right, I found this forum from google while looking for some interesting international forums where I could practise my english (the reading part atleast). I've been lurking around this place regulary for almost two years now and really enjoyed the conversations :) . Especially the Kielikoulu has tought me a lot about my own language.

Interestingly enough I have now gotten myself into a tough spot with the imigration office. I never thought I'd actually have anything to do with them since I was born as a Finn, but now, all of a sudden, I am in the middle of some complicated issues. The issues include assylum seeking, the Dublin convention, deportation, passionate love, quite possibly marrying abroad and then getting my future husband back to Finland. A long way to go, but I'm ready for a long battle and this forum has really turned out to be priceless with all the information I can find from here :thumbsup: .
Rob A. wrote:Yeah, but as for Hank...for some reason I'm quite prepared to look past all that as a small price to pay for his good attributes....
I couldn't agree more. With years of experience on several different forums, I've noticed that every forum has their own "Hank". A person that especially the newbies find rude and arrogant, but who actually is one of the key players in the forum. Some hot heads don't seem to be able to look behind the sarcasm and well, they won't become forum regulars :wink: . Hank is one of those people here, who has increble amount of information and he's spent hours and hours trying to help people. As to what he says when he's drunk... mmm... No one's perfect I guess :ochesey: . And this forum would be a lot more boring without Hank :lol: .

USMC-Wife

Post by USMC-Wife » Wed May 14, 2008 3:32 am

Hank rocks! :D

Freddyb

Post by Freddyb » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:43 am

I met a guy named hank at a gay bathouse
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."

--Martin Luther King

Optimistic

Post by Optimistic » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:38 pm

dreyfuss

Post by dreyfuss » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Looking for information in a google search and I came across this.

Thanks!

Mihaela

Post by Mihaela » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Me too from Google :)

vaholmsten

Post by vaholmsten » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Google.