Medicine Study in Finland

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
Jesse

Post by Jesse » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:03 pm

First,let me introduce myself.
I am a sophomore study clinical medicine in a medical college in China.Since I decided to study medicine,I have already made up my mind to go to Finland, Helsinki. for my education.And after less than 2 months,I will be a junior.(In China a student have to spend 5 years on undergraduate of medicine.)But these days I always want to ask a queation for myself,that is,still study in the college I studied , after I graduate, go to Finland for a postdegree or apply for a master degree now and go to Finland.
AND,THIS IS JUST THINKING, co'z I don't know the medicine education system in Finland,the only one thing I know is,it's hard to be a doctor in Finland,it demands a lots specialized study.So anyone who can tell me about it and give me some advices for my troubles.
Thank you a lot.
And my email address (also my MSN )is [email protected]

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Re: Medicine Study in Finland

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:21 pm

There isn't master degrees in medicine in English as such. http://www.med.helsinki.fi/english/default.htm
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Hank W. wrote:There isn't master degrees in medicine in English as such. http://www.med.helsinki.fi/english/default.htm
How about University of Oulu?
If that mean I have no chance?
Or,how about having postgraduate in Finland? Is it very tough for a foreigner to be a doctor in Finland?

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Well you have to be able to speak with the patients, so you need to learn Finnish at some point.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.