How and where to get certificate for quitting from univ ?

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
littlegirl

Post by littlegirl » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:20 pm

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the information you guys have shared with me! Here, I come out with more questions

1. If my bf wants to quit from univ. and change the visa type from student to work, what document need to be shown to police office ?

2. Where and how to get the document, from univ.? Are they willing to give this kind of infromation?

Any experience for this to share?

Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!

Worried Girl... :cry:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:53 pm

The visa from student => work does not exist yet. The law will change maybe perhaps in the future this year. Before that it is applying for a work permit as is stated in the documents;

a) a job and workplace filled in application form
b) a labour certification from the ministry of labour office
c) submitted in principle to the embassy in the home country.

To quit the university (why would one do such an stupid thing?) there is the office of the university (same one that gives certificates you are styudying in the university).
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

littlegirl

Post by littlegirl » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:10 pm

As for students, my bf now is holding B2 type, and if the get a job and quits from the study, he is able to change to B1 type. The thing for him to quit from study is he has no choices at this moment since he couldnt get 20 credits to renew his visa and thus, in order for him to stay here still, he has to quit from study and change his visa type based on the job. ( He potentiall will get a job soon ).

Thus I proposed a silly question to quit from university...

Or, is it possible for him to change his visa type to B1 if he gets a permanent job during the time he is still studying ? Heard that, either have to quit from study, or finish the study, otherwise, cannot change the type from B2 to B1.

Thanks!!!

Worried Girl :cry:

dusty_bin

Post by dusty_bin » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:41 pm

What the hell was he doing. 20 credits per semester is like part time and I think the requirement 20 credits per year...

Does h need some motivation pills? If so, how will he cope with a job. University is the easiest gig going and it would be madness to jack it in.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:44 pm

Wel, OK. Getting the picture now. I am not sure if we have anyone that has had a similar situation right at hand recently. The thing is, that if the situation seems even a little dodgy, the surest way is to consult a lawyer specialized in immigration matters. It costs yes, but if you can save a few plane tickets and submitting fees that would be the way to go.

So the next question is then to find an immigration attorney. I don't know anyone I can personally refer to.
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.