Starbucks in Finland!?

Find information on places to go, things to see, eating out, Finnish food, recipes and more
Bubba Elvis XIV

Re: Starbucks in Finland!?

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:54 am

AlexTroublemaker wrote:
FIRAT wrote:Well if there would be KFC or domino's pizza,at least there would be somewhere else to go to eat except Hesburger,same comes about Starbucks,havent seen any nice cafe here yet,i dont know much about how the stuff goes in Helsinki area but i think Starbucks would be nice,somewhere to spend time when visiting Helsinki :D
IMHO, KFC and Domino's are disgusting cesspools of grease and dirt which serve subquality junkfood that is exceptionally bad for your health in a trashy atmosphere which attracts homeless people, winos, and junkies. They are hardly comparable to a "nice cafe". At least that has been my experience in the States and in the UK. Maybe I've had the misfortune of walking by some unusually bad KFCs and Domino's...dunno.
Er....I don't think he was comparing KFC etc to a 'nice cafe'... :roll:

Stoke's McD's etc are fine establishments, it's probably the best restaurant in the city....they won't let you in without a nice pair of white trainers and an adidas hoodie...very classy.

Black Flag kills ants on contact

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

AlexInHelsinki

Post by AlexInHelsinki » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Oh right. My bad. :oops: Guess I was a little over-eager to attack fast food joints. But really...I'm no epicurean, but they're pretty gross (unless it's once in a blue moon and you're super hungover...then Hessburger is OK :D ).

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:19 pm

AlexTroublemaker wrote:Oh right. My bad. :oops: Guess I was a little over-eager to attack fast food joints. But really...I'm no epicurean, but they're pretty gross (unless it's once in a blue moon and you're super hungover...then Hessburger is OK :D ).
I eat at Hesburger usualy but i like domino's pizza's pizzas,much better than crappy pizzas that they make in kebab places...anyways i meant starbucks as "nice cafe" not KFC or domino's :) at least Starbucks has better offers about coffe than a regular Finnish cafe that,coffe waits some hour in a pot to be bought and tastes pretty weird.

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:53 pm

FIRAT wrote:
AlexTroublemaker wrote:Oh right. My bad. :oops: Guess I was a little over-eager to attack fast food joints. But really...I'm no epicurean, but they're pretty gross (unless it's once in a blue moon and you're super hungover...then Hessburger is OK :D ).
I eat at Hesburger usualy but i like domino's pizza's pizzas,much better than crappy pizzas that they make in kebab places...anyways i meant starbucks as "nice cafe" not KFC or domino's :) at least Starbucks has better offers about coffe than a regular Finnish cafe that,coffe waits some hour in a pot to be bought and tastes pretty weird.
You wanna try a 'greasy spoon' in the UK...Hese is ok, BK is ok and KFC is ok....McD's is a bit ropey but it's good in emergency situations...Some good grillis around though. I have quite a well known one near my place and I used to go quite a lot...*sigh* Those were the days...I wanted to be the fattest man i punk now Pig Champion is no longer with us (RIP).

Alex - You're forgiven - DO NOT let it happen again :wink:

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:07 pm

Bubba Elvis XIV wrote:
FIRAT wrote:
You wanna try a 'greasy spoon' in the UK...Hese is ok, BK is ok and KFC is ok....McD's is a bit ropey but it's good in emergency situations...Some good grillis around though. I have quite a well known one near my place and I used to go quite a lot...*sigh* Those were the days...I wanted to be the fattest man i punk now Pig Champion is no longer with us (RIP).

Alex - You're forgiven - DO NOT let it happen again :wink:
How about cafes in Finland,do you have any advise,which one is good? :D and where to eat waffle? :D

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Not me...never go to them...Over priced, crappy food, weak coffee. No point. What's in helsinki, I have no clue.

I might get an equally bad coffee in a bar but I near as stopped doing that when some over-weight-alcoholic-homo-health-nazis got what they want regarding smoking.

onkko

Post by onkko » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:18 pm

I stop with friends in local "esson baari" where you can drink your coffee outside and smoke :)
Caesare weold Graecum, ond Caelic Finnum

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:33 pm

onkko wrote:I stop with friends in local "esson baari" where you can drink your coffee outside and smoke :)
isn't there any bar,cafe that has smokable area in it? :? i know one here in Hamina but even when i walk front of there,people stares at me :lol:

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:50 pm

FIRAT wrote:
onkko wrote:I stop with friends in local "esson baari" where you can drink your coffee outside and smoke :)
isn't there any bar,cafe that has smokable area in it? :? i know one here in Hamina but even when i walk front of there,people stares at me :lol:
We got 3 I know of but I am not sure if they have changed over the past few weeks.

Alva, The Castle, and....Pikku Torre (if thats the name).

mita

Post by mita » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:06 am

so when is it opening?

I would love to have a peppermint mocha frappacino
Have a nice day!

Cloudberry

Post by Cloudberry » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:29 am

I heard recently that Starbucks were suffering a 97% drop in profits so why the hell would they open a store in Finland? :?

Let's hope its an untrue rumour. The less Starbucks in the world the better bleahhh! they have the worse coffee on earth :thumbsdown:

Here's one article I found about their current financial situation http://www.latimes.com/business/investi ... 0554.story
Last edited by Cloudberry on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The person on top of the mountain didn't just fall there.

EP

Post by EP » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:45 am

I want a real coffee cup. With a plate under it.

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Cloudberry wrote:
Let's hope its an untrue rumour.
Screw that! I hope the trumour is rue...Or in other words, the rumour is true..... :lol:

The less bland corporate crap in this world the better.... :evil:

FIRAT

Post by FIRAT » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Bubba Elvis XIV wrote:
Cloudberry wrote:
Let's hope its an untrue rumour.
Screw that! I hope the trumour is rue...Or in other words, the rumour is true..... :lol:

The less bland corporate crap in this world the better.... :evil:
let's hope hard enough for that there would be also domino's opening! :lol:

Bubba Elvis XIV

Post by Bubba Elvis XIV » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:13 am

FIRAT wrote:
let's hope hard enough for that there would be also domino's opening! :lol:
Man....just a good friggin' Turkish place to eat would do me right!!!

OH! Here we go again, kebab discussion...

This thread has reached the end I proudly cry..

KEBABS!!!!!