Basketball

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
chawk

Basketball

Post by chawk » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:34 pm

I am a 22 yr old American Ex-Pat in Finland for the next 6 Months and am looking to find any basketball games/clubs that meet regularly in the Helsinki area. Does anyone know of any?

Basketball

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

bb all

Re: Basketball

Post by bb all » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:40 pm

chawk wrote:I am a 22 yr old American Ex-Pat in Finland for the next 6 Months and am looking to find any basketball games/clubs that meet regularly in the Helsinki area. Does anyone know of any?
Have u played college or high school basketball? How good are u? How often do u want to play?

There is 6 different levels of basketball in helsinki. So there is alot to choose from. Just answer the questions above and i'll tell u some teams that might suit ur needs.

Elbeks

Post by Elbeks » Tue May 19, 2009 4:58 pm

bb all wrote:
chawk wrote:I am a 22 yr old American Ex-Pat in Finland for the next 6 Months and am looking to find any basketball games/clubs that meet regularly in the Helsinki area. Does anyone know of any?
Have u played college or high school basketball? How good are u? How often do u want to play?

There is 6 different levels of basketball in helsinki. So there is alot to choose from. Just answer the questions above and i'll tell u some teams that might suit ur needs.

Yo bb all, know of any places or teams near Itakeskus?

stiff

Post by stiff » Thu May 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Damn those spam posts.

Amusingly, after living here 9 months now, I've just discovered a pretty decent outdoor court behind the Olympic Stadium, next to Uima Stadium. Seems to be a reasonably active one and in good condition.

Also, last year, and so possibly this year, on Tuesdays and Thursdays there was outdoor basketball at the outdoor court near to Cafe Regatta in Töölö, about 6pm? I think the place was booked by some company but was open to everyone and there was usually some full court action going on. Skill level was ok, some quite good players, some just looking to run around and get fit, nothing special exactly, but good atmosphere.

Elbeks

Post by Elbeks » Thu May 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Funny enough I just moved from Toolo 2 months ago... That court is a fairly good one, but its always taken by a bunch of elderly finnish players, their english is poor and they are not too willing to share the ball nor let outsiders join in. I recently moved to Itakeskus and here are actually a few good courts. Would anyone be interested in starting some ball somewhere? Last season I played with a 4th div team out in Kannelmaki, but its just too damn far away and the level is nothing close to 1 div college in the states, yet its just run and gun. If I dont find a team with a better level or closer location then Im playing there next season.. We sure could need some players to come...

Holla

Soren

skillclub

Post by skillclub » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:26 am

ADMIN EDIT: GO SPAM ELSEWHERE THANKS.

skillclub

Post by skillclub » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:40 am

Yeah, I still remember when I was in college I together with my friends played basketball versus some of our classmates. I really enjoyed it even though quite tiring to run across the whole court.I love to play basketball. :D
increase your vertical
[a href ="http://www.skillclub.org/category/secret-jump-program
"]increase vertical jump[/a]

nikko

Post by nikko » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi all,

I arrived in Helsinki 3 month ago, and it's now time for me to find a basketball team! :D

I've played for 15 years, but always in low level team in France and Sweden. I'm looking for a team in division 5 or 6.

I played a couple of time here with some friends (in Meilahti and Lassila), but none of them want to play in a "real" championship...
-> Elbeks, do you want to join us next time?

Does anyone got some contact?
I live in Tölöö, so if the team is playing in Helsinki center, it's better!

Thanks!

inkku

Post by inkku » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:08 pm

You could try to contact eg Helsinki YMCA (HNMKY)
eg
http://koripallo.hnmky.fi/miehet/fun-ryhmaet/

Mikko Mäntylä
mikko.mantyla(at)hnmky.fi
Tsto: 050-358 2877

TMP
http://www.mailapojat.fi/projekti/index.html
Koripallon harjoitusvuorot
* Miesten vuorot: Maanantaisin klo 16 - 17 A-Kisahalli
* Perjantaisin klo 17 - 18 A-Kisahalli

Or ask the national baskbteall assocation some hlep:
Eteläisen alueen yhteystiedot

* Aluepäällikkö Marika Vilanen
puh. 09-3481 3195; 044-567 0777
[email protected]
* Sarjatoiminta Tiina Karvonen
puh. 09-3481 2206; 044-906 6068
[email protected]

chacarron

Post by chacarron » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:27 pm

I'm looking for some basketball action in Vaasa. Not NBA level, but mid-level would be good.
Time and location, let me know.

hurley88

Basketball

Post by hurley88 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 pm

ADMIN EDIT: SPAM

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:04 pm

I want to chop off the balls of a spammer and drop the into a basket
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Dewit

Post by Dewit » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Hello, I moved to Alppila (helsinki) 2 weeks ago and I need know if there is some team who are looking for players in Helsinki.

I'm 19 years old, I have been playing basketball since 15, my high is 193 cm.

Thanks.

stiff

Post by stiff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:40 pm

There's an open session on Saturday 11am-1pm at Kumpula Liikuntakeskus. Entry is like €7.50 if you aren't a student or member. You can also use the gym facilities afterwards though for that entry fee. Also a 1hr session on Wednesday 5pm.

Probably your best first step.

àlex

Post by àlex » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Hello,

I'm a 20 years old Spanish basketball player, and i'm coming the next Autumn semester to study in Helsinki. I've been playing bb since i was 10 and i would like to find a bb team in Helsinki for the Autumn period. Or some place to play it, cause i won't be able to endure so much time without basketball! :|