SERIOUSLY I am in need for some HELP

How to? Read other's experiences. Find useful advice on shipping, immigration, residence permits, visas and more.
Parthiv

Post by Parthiv » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:59 am

Hello everybody,
I am in really bad situation with Finnish Immigration.
I am Russian Citizen and my husband is Indian Citizen
we came to Finland in January 2008 and we had filed our resident permit in February 2008.
Till today we do not have any legal stamp in our passport but we have several letters from MIGRI that our resident permit is under consideration.

The problem is, we had our first child born in Finland in may 2008 we could not register our child in finish social system because we were not registered in any municipality in Finland. The problem is MIGRI is asking me to put my child's name in my Russian passport in order for MIGRI to stamp our resident permit in our passport, I went to Russian embassy and they told me the CHILD is not registered in Finnish social system so we can not write his name.

Whatever, THE real problem is, While coming back from Russian embassy in december2008, I lost my National and International passport in train, with my husbands passport and child birth certificate, marriage certificate everything.

I called Russian embassy, and because I lost my national and international passport, I have to go to Russia to make my new passport, But I can not take my child as he has NO papers, My son is only 8 months old and he is still breast feeding, How can I leave my child alone in Finland and go to Russia as I don't know how long it might take to make new passport.

SO Finnish people want my son's name in my passport, I can only get passport when I go to Russia, SO what is the solution? What right my child have? he is born in Finland and we had to play almost 3000 euro cash for the delivery in Helsinki Ylipoisto hospital YET he is neither Finnish Citizen, Nor Russian, nor India. We want to make him Russian Citizen (or any for moment, Finnish or Indian) I had to take my child to hospital few times since his birth and all vaccination and everything and I have to pay cash. SO what are the Rights for my son for him to be born in Finland?

Please guys don't make fun and reply me with serious help, Since December I want to go to Russia and make new passport so we can get resident permit. But can not take son, WHY Finnish government will not give any kind of paper for my son? he is legally born and we have entered Finland legally and file our paper legally and it is not rejected, it is under consideration.

I will appreciate any help. My husband has some Kidney problem and he needs surgery and he also has to go to India and I want to go with him and our son (once he get his new passport next week hopefully)

Thank you

-Svetlana

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: SERIOUSLY I am in need for some HELP

Post by rinso » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:25 am

I think you're in deep s*it
SO what are the Rights for my son for him to be born in Finland?
The same rights as his mother I think.
There is no reason to give your child Finnish citizenship. Place of birth is not a consideration. So your son has either Russian (probably) or Indian citizenship (or both)
You have to sort out the paperwork with those two embassies.
That you lost all your papers is a real problem, but again you have to deal with the Russian bureaucracy.
I think as long as your Russian papers are not in order, you will get no cooperation of the Finnish authorities.
How bad your situation is, you have to solve the administrative problems step by step.

Parthiv

Post by Parthiv » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:32 am

Thanks Rinso,
We are trying to solve it. But as I mentioned we have to go to Russia to make my all papers, and Russian people are asking for some kind of papers from Finnish government for my SON to travel. It is deadlock circle and really don't know what we can do. Russian people asking for Finnish paper for my son to travel and Finnish people wants my son's name in passport to give any kind of papers for my son.
We always talk about Russian bureaucracy but what about Finnish bureaucracy? We came in Jan and filed papers in Feb, My son was not born till may, forget about that they did not give us permit before may (4 months almost) but still today we do not have any papers, What about Finnish bureaucracy. I am not trying argue here about Russian or Finnish, But now the point is came that we really do not want ANY Finnish papers for me or my husband, we want to go to Canada as my husband got job offer. But now we just want some thing so we can take my son to Russia, this is really getting so exhausted and I am feeling little bit anger towards Finnish immigration service. What is there that they are not giving us Work resident permit? my husband has a job and we provided all the necessary papers and everything else.

kimster46

Post by kimster46 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:10 am

if i am in your situation , i seriusly contact a immigration lawyer asap and seek guidance . There are many people in the forum who can help , but a professional advice is very good in this kind of situations . I did google for some support services in uusima area who provides support in this kind of situations , but didn't find any.
"Love thy neighbor's wife, as thee Loves thyself"

FinnBrit

Post by FinnBrit » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:57 am

Parthiv wrote:YET he is neither Finnish Citizen, Nor Russian, nor India.
Your son is not a Finnish citizen, but he is Russian AND Indian. Those nationalities are automatically passed from parent to child. Your only problem is providing the paperwork to prove it.
The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

Rip

Post by Rip » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:06 pm

he is legally born and we have entered Finland legally and file our paper legally and it is not rejected, it is under consideration.
I don't quite understand the residence permit situation. May I ask what is the grounds for your permit application, as if neither of you is a Finnish (or EU) citizen in most cases you'd be expected to get your permit in advance before you enter the country(?)

donald

Post by donald » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi

Can't the Finnish authorities at least issue a birth certificate for your son? After all he is born in Finland and thus the Finns are the only authorities to have "witnessed" that this boy is your son and that he exists. That would be at least one paper to prove he is your son. Would that help?

And if your situation with the Russian authorities does not progress, is there any chances your son could get Indian papers? At least you'd had some sort of papers for your son.

Can't help any more than that, just suggestions you probably already have thought of.

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Also these days the children usually are required to have their own passports for travelling.

Anyways, try this guy http://www.jakobsson.fi/ should be in the know of both bureaucracies
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Parthiv

Post by Parthiv » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Well Because we both are not Russian parents, and different nationality, that is why Russian embassy is asking for some kind of paper from Finnish government, anything other then just Birth Certificate from Hospital, We actually got the affidavit of parents thing from Magistrate and notarized and apostle and everything else. But finnish government refuse to give ANYKIND of paper for our son even thought he is born here, we do NOT want finnish citizenship for our son, we want russian citizenship. Literally my husband is so angry with that it is being 12 months they are making us go back and forth for this paper then that paper.

Actually before this thing started about my son in december, But since last february till december, MIGRI keeps asking for Marriage certificate and then this paper and that paper for about 10 months, and WE THINK, I DONT KNOW it was good or bad but that we even mentioned to MIGRI that we had this child born in may. NOW MIGRI is not asking any papers from us (after 10 months of runnings us around) now it is all about my son's name in Either one passport. Neither Indian NOR Russian embassy will put our name as we still dont have STAMP or to say Legal status with Finnish resident permit or finnish social security number or our registration in finnish social system.

Any RUSSIANS here? I would like to talk. It is so simple if for finnish government to give paper about our son being born here. ONLY 1 paper other then Birth Certificate.
Tired and exhausted, we made 7 trips from tampere to helsinki with this little child in this cold, Not to mention 25 phone calls to Finnish MIGRI, 20 to russian embassy, and what not.

it is kind of dead lock, just dont know how to get out of this thing, A asking papers from B and B is asking papers from A. Neither one will give FIRST, so how is it gonna happen?

only problem, Finnish people wants the name in russian passport, we can not make russian passport unless we go to russia, how to take the child across the border? just sick and tired, exhausted and angry with both bureaucracy. LITERALLY.

IS there anything we can call european union amnesty or child protection act, or no child without name or nation or something like that? DONT finnish government or say MIGRI has to answer to any higher authority, after all MIGRI is only immigration branch or Governement, LIKE it works in USA, you can make INS (USCIS now) give you definite answer once it is over the normal time period. The thing I read about Okula, I just understand his situation and family problem too,

Our case is so simple. YET they have made it so complicated, WE dont even want any finnish resident permit NOW, we just want to take OUR SON to russia. that is all we want.

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:32 am

Could you please explain how come you have stayed in this country for over a year without a residence permit? Did you just overstay your visa or what?

If you are just basically "tourists" that should have left a long time ago then your should explain your embassies that - my understanding is that there has been a some amount of people coming from Russia to Finland just to give birth, and they basically just considered tourists - and the Russian authorities have had no problem in understanding that either.

If on the other hand you actually have some proper justification for your stay in Finland, explaining it might help you to get better advice (as probably number of people (including yours truly) here have struggled earlier with magistrate offices themselves.

enk

Post by enk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:50 am

Although you aren't one of the women that normally falls under this group's target group,
what about giving them a call? They're very good at getting things done:

http://www.monikanaiset.fi/index.php?op ... &Itemid=49

I know that at least Natalie Gerbert speaks Russian and she's superb at
getting things done and seeminly knows everyone.

-enk

Darshnik

Post by Darshnik » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 pm

If your husband have Indian passport and as you said you have affidavit from magistratti that he is the father of your son, your son can get Indian citizenship. For more details contact Indian embassy.
"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."

Parthiv

Post by Parthiv » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:40 am

We are not illegal. As I said earlier, We came in January 2008 and filed visa in February, ( My husband had a job in Computer IT company and they wanted him to come as soon as possible, so we both came as tourist, and we both had visa from January till April, we did not file work permit from India or from Russia as they said it might take longer and My husband had to report on job soon or he would have lost that job, He still has the job offer and have submitted all the papers from work place) and all this time, we keep getting letter that our resident ship permit is considered but you send this paper, then when we send one paper after 2,3 months we get another letter that "your resident permit is under consideration" but you need some another letter and then again we wait for 2,3 months before they ask for something else.
(few letter they have asked in last 12 months are, these are only few, they asked more then that - bank balance (don't ask me why, I have no idea why they needed bank balance?) then our marriage certificate (that too we have submitted with our application in February, they asked again) then came our son's birth certificate and asking us to file his resident permit too, so we did, then they asking for his name in either one of our passport but OUR resident permit is still under consideration, I only called them last week and asked them how long we have to wait? it is 1 year already and we need to travel. This is first child for me and 1st grandchild for my parents, they wants to see him so much, they can not travel, they are very old and their health do not permit them to travel)

So now after all this, Finally thing is stuck for his name to put in Russian passport then THEY MIGHT take decision, I asked how long it might take to make a decision and they said they can't tell, Now, the darn people don't understand that How we can put son's name in passport when there is no passport, and we can not get a passport unless we go to Russia. anyways, I just put here this thing, thought may be some of you might know exactly what to do, or may be some other Russian people might have problem with new passport and they might have done something different or whatever they did to get new passport etc.etc.

Thank you all for your reply, I do really appreciate it and Please keep posting reply with any thing or any idea, I would sure look into it and give it a go just to try it, because everything else has not worked so far.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 am

Well, I think you should ask your husband's employer to do something to help you. Maybe they could supply you wth an immigration lawyer.

If your husband is working here, but not in the system, then there are all kinds of issues. Is your husband's employer withholding tax? How is your husband being paid, cash? Currency? (Don't answer that.... it's just a question)

I don't think you will find a solution without a lawyer. If your husband's employer brought you over (and advised you to apply for the permit here) then they should be helping you in this situation. It is irresponsible of your husband's employer to act in the way they did. In my opinion.

Rip

Post by Rip » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:08 am

penelope wrote: If your husband is working here, but not in the system, then there are all kinds of issues. Is your husband's employer withholding tax? How is your husband being paid, cash? Currency? (Don't answer that.... it's just a question)
If I understood correctly, he is not. He has a prospective employer, but no residence permit for work, so he can't actually start.

As for the original poster, you really are in a tough spot.

If you can get professional legal help, do so.

There is NO chance your son would be given a Finnish citizenship or passport
If there is a chance to get the Indian documents in order, do that.
There is a thing called "Alien's passport" which you son might be eligible for (http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/content.asp ... anguage=EN ), but even if he is, it might not work in practice if you'd try to get him either to or back from Russia with that. It might be worth checking out though.

So the Finnish authorities will not issue Finnish passport for non-Finns (and your son definitely is not a Finnish citizen) and naturally they won't issue Russian passports for anybody either. Assuming getting the Indian documents for one reason or another are not possible and the "Alien passport" is either not available or would not be good for you anyway, then I don't see how you can avoid traveling to Russia (I take your word that Russian embassies don't issue new passports to replace lost ones).

I understand you don't like the idea leaving your son behind here, but even if you are still breastfeeding he would live on formula and other baby food too (I hope your husband is not completely helpless in this respect). If you go to Russia, I'd ask from Migri if they can supply you with a visa or some other document in advance so you can return here without a problem after getting your new passport.