Invitation Letters 2009

Useful advice relating to undergraduate and postgraduate studying. Find information on admission, study permits, universities, polytechnics, courses and student life in Finland
forest_girl

Re: Invitation Letters 2009

Post by forest_girl » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:21 pm

Seraba wrote:Mmm, that sounds weird, but after all.. it's always the same school! Haaga Helia...! Mmm...
If you want to feel a little better, maybe you should try to contact the Admissions office...
There might be just a delay...

And... oh, Multilingual Manag. Assistants... I was thinking about applying to that programme as well.
It sounds pretty cool... but if I understood right, there's an entrance test of a second language, isn't there?!
And well.. I should choose french.... Which is not my favourite language but.. I would have no choice....

What are you going to choose?! And is it like a grammar exam or... ?!! Maybe you know something... :thumbsup:

Thanksss!
Well, I have just written an e-mail to Admissions Office and asked those questions. By the time I was writing that e-mail, I have got an e-mail invitation letter from one of the programmes in Haaga campus! :D :lol: So I am glad that everything is fine :) I am going to get the real mail little bit later :)
I am a person who gets worried quite fast :D

I have chosen the programme You have mentioned as a second choice.

Yes, there You have to take English test and another foreign language test. I have some knowledge in French too, but I haven't use this language for a long time, so I am afraid I will choose Finnish. (I hope I can choose this language as there was one sentence I am worried about : it says that I should have studied Finnish in other country than Finland! What an absurd.. I also asked this question in my e-mail to Addmissions Office) Well, I have lived here in Finland for 1.5 years already, so I have been going to Finnish language classes here for some time and I think my Finnish is much better than French, which was at my secondary school :)

As I have got the Invitation letter, it says that on the first day of the exam, We will have a psychological aptitude test which takes over 3 hours! Wow.. It will test your personality as they have to decide if You are suitable to take this training and the field. On the second day of the exam You will take a language test of English (45mins) and other foreign language test(also 45mins).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

aguinness

Post by aguinness » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Seraba wrote:Oh good for you! :thumbsup:
Which programmes did you apply for?

I suppose you are Irish, aren't you? 8)

Wow nice.. Always wanted to visit your country...

So now you are already in Finland.. what are you doing? I guess preparing for exams.... ? :lightbulb:

Byebye from Italy,
Yes I am Irish, but I was just saying that I knew the letters arrive locally today in case anyone was waiting for them elswhere, the would know they are at least sent out. I´ve lived here for 10 years now, and working.
Image Image

Seraba

Post by Seraba » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Oh that's very nice of you. :wink:

Cool, by now you have become a real Finnish, I suppose, ahah!
May I ask you in which field you are working?

I'm always pretty curious when it comes to foreigners working in Finland.

Oh, I was forgetting, forest_girl, thank you for all your information. Much appreciated. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
... I miss Finland ...

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:39 am

Oh, the letters came finally!
Free your mind and the rest will follow!

Cloudberry

Post by Cloudberry » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:01 am

What about University of Helsinki? anyone received any letters from them yet?

Congrats to those who have already received theirs and been accepted - how exciting!
The person on top of the mountain didn't just fall there.

aguinness

Post by aguinness » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:45 am

May I ask you in which field you are working?
I have never worked in a field in my life, I have been working in bars for many years though, :)
Image Image

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Cloudberry wrote:What about University of Helsinki? anyone received any letters from them yet?

Congrats to those who have already received theirs and been accepted - how exciting!
As far as i know, the exams start in April and the results are out in June the earliest, so we cannot talk yet of being accepted.
I can tell for sure that: Metropolia, Laurea, Arcada and Haaga have sent the invitations, but for the University I have no idea..

Cloudberry

Post by Cloudberry » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:09 am

jazzori wrote:
Cloudberry wrote:What about University of Helsinki? anyone received any letters from them yet?

As far as i know, the exams start in April and the results are out in June the earliest, so we cannot talk yet of being accepted.
I can tell for sure that: Metropolia, Laurea, Arcada and Haaga have sent the invitations, but for the University I have no idea..
But what if there is no exam? (International Master's Social Science for example) What might be the earliest I would know if I have been accepted? I have heard that they may let us know before May... Just wondering if that is a real possibility or not. It's so hard not knowing! There is so much to plan in such a short time if I am accepted :?

Dinchik

Post by Dinchik » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 pm

pikkupeikkomyy wrote:Text about sustainability include maybe 5 pages of useful stuffs, rest is crazy; some surnames, quotations, all the time the same and the same. I can't really imagine how they could invent any kind of detailed question if there's not too much specific informations.
P.S I used to live in Turku :) but i didn't like it at all :mrgreen: (sorry for offtopic!)
Hei! Are you appllying to Kaajani AMK international business?
I'm appliyng in tourism but they don't have pre-materials on their website unfortunately -( So in case I read about sustainability also -)) and yeach! there are so lot's pages of bla bla bla without any real information

does anb have any pre-materials about tourism? of course I cheked it in Internet but anyway :D

jazzori

Post by jazzori » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Cloudberry, why don't you just give them a quick call or write them an e-mail? :-)

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:15 pm

I think Master degree invitations are sent out in April:

'Student selection information

Information on student selections of the International Master's Degree Programmes (IMDP's) will be available from the Faculties of the University of Helsinki in April. Every applicant accepted for studies is sent a letter of acceptance in regular air mail. No fixed date can be given when these letters are sent out – there is variation on the exact date from a faculty to another. Some IMDP's (mainly joint degree programmes, CBU's) have later closing dates: these programmes inform their applicants on later date.

Students who are invited to take an entrance examination receive a written invitation in regular mail in April at the latest. The letter of invitation should be shown when acquiring a visa to enter Finland (non-EU or non-EEA applicants).

Applicants who are rejected receive a letter of rejection in regular mail or through e-mail. The letter points out the reasons for rejection as well as gives information on how to appeal against the decision. However, it should be pointed out that the appeal must include cogent and concrete evidence on a mistake made in the processing of the student’s application file or on unfair treatment in an entrance examination. Applications that have not been attached with the requested enclosures are automatically rejected and do not justify an appeal.'

Rabs

Post by Rabs » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:48 am

universities either organize entrance or interview or both?? i think students applying from abroad go through only teleinterview (at least in those univ of tech.) which of course starts bit late ...around the beginning of the summer??

these school staffs are very helpful, better contact the concerned school department!

Cloudberry

Post by Cloudberry » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 am

jazzori wrote:Cloudberry, why don't you just give them a quick call or write them an e-mail? :-)
Of course I have aready but they just say that I will know by May. I replied asking if there was any possibility for earlier responses and they said 'maybe' :?

Cloudberry

Post by Cloudberry » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:52 am

Vesper wrote:I think Master degree invitations are sent out in April:

'Student selection information

Information on student selections of the International Master's Degree Programmes (IMDP's) will be available from the Faculties of the University of Helsinki in April. Every applicant accepted for studies is sent a letter of acceptance in regular air mail. No fixed date can be given when these letters are sent out – there is variation on the exact date from a faculty to another. Some IMDP's (mainly joint degree programmes, CBU's) have later closing dates: these programmes inform their applicants on later date.

Students who are invited to take an entrance examination receive a written invitation in regular mail in April at the latest. The letter of invitation should be shown when acquiring a visa to enter Finland (non-EU or non-EEA applicants).

Applicants who are rejected receive a letter of rejection in regular mail or through e-mail. The letter points out the reasons for rejection as well as gives information on how to appeal against the decision. However, it should be pointed out that the appeal must include cogent and concrete evidence on a mistake made in the processing of the student’s application file or on unfair treatment in an entrance examination. Applications that have not been attached with the requested enclosures are automatically rejected and do not justify an appeal.'
Thanks Vesper, that sounds a bit more promising. Maybe I will know in April. It would be good if they sent acceptance letters by email instead of airmail though - that could add 2wks onto the notification time. Oh well, I will need to try and be patient for a bit longer.

Vesper

Post by Vesper » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:05 am

Actually, I was shocked how fast my invitation arrived to me. I live in in America - Florida to be exact. The letter was dated Friday March 13th and it arrived at my house on Monday March 16th. I thought the same thing too.... that it would arrive a week or two later. I think you will get a letter between early to mid april.